Is My Onkyo Receiver's Tuner Dead or Just Playing Posum?

Tried using the AM/FM tuner in my Onkyo TX-SR876 home theater receiver but getting no sound. I called Onkyo tech support but the best they could tell me is: "Try a different antenna". This tuner has worked in the past (Las Vegas) but I had a clean line-of-sight to Black Mountain broadcasting antennas. I know this is a shot in the dark but maybe an Onkyo wizard will read and suggest a fix? Can't believe the tuner would just konk out...
128x128dweller
Are you getting any sound from the AM band, even if just a lot of static?  

Rich
No sound or a bad signal? Does it have a setting to mute weak signals? In that case none of the stations in your new location may pass the threshold. Anyway, I would not worry too much. These days internet radio is at least as good as FM, and a Chromecast Audio used with the TuneIn app will give you thousands of stations in often pretty good quality. Not as good as CD Red Book, depending on a station's bitrate, but on balance, and with different strengths and weaknesses, usually better than FM, which really is a pretty outdated compromise technology. We still have a good FM tuner in the main system, but to be honest it sits unused now that we use a Chromecast to stream internet radio (and from all over the world).
I'm getting silence -not static or "white noise" (both AM and FM). The Onkyo tech says the nature of the tuner is to give silence if it can't find a healthy signal. The tuning dial finds stations if I cycle up or down (never get a "stereo" lock, however).
Good idea using internet radio! I was hoping to get WFMT in Chicago (great classical radio) but I guess this will be on the internet.
Just doesn't make sense the tuner going out on a $1200 receiver (close to ten years old). Thanks for the help...