Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
This is the same controversy that involves the issue of cables generally. There are people here who do not hear the benefits of cable burn-in. It doesn’t align with their adherence to science, believing that all parameters of sound must have a measurement of some type to justify what we hear.

@thirsty93 Like others have suggested, I would borrow some power cords from a place like the Cable Company and judge for yourself!

Bonne Chance!
Willemj,
No need on this forum to introduce politics and snide condescending remarks about the United States.  Please stay on topic if you don't mind. There are many available venues for political discourse. 
Charles 
Power cords definitely make a difference. I was sceptical, so I made cheap DIY cords. I heard a difference. Then I made great DIY cords and heard a bigger improvement. Supplies for the basic cords were around $30/cord and somewhere around $60/cord for the great cords, including connectors.
This was not about politics but about culture. And I do like the States, and spend a lot of time there. America’s top research universities and research institutes are a haven for innovative research and academic freedom. But there is a counter current of disrespect for scientific facts and expertise, and I observe it here too.
Speaking of FACTS, willem, you haven't presented any. Science is simply an interpretation of reality. Real science doesn't pretend to know everything. It's only an approximation of reality. Real science is not arrogant but curious and investigatory. I broke two laws of science just yesterday. No biggie. I suspect the bigwigs of science probably have too much on their plates to start a whole investigation into audiophile power cords or fuse directionality. Just in case you might consider contacting NASA, MIT, AES or DARPA or NIST the next time you're in the states and see if they would settle this dispute. ;-)