Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
randy-11,
I suggest you replace your stock power cords (with any decent after market cords less that $90.00 each) on your Sonic Frontiers preamp, Sunfire amp and the CAL Icon II cd player (I think it is). Your Maggies are too close to the back wall, should be farther apart and towed out more. If you do all this, I guarantee you will hear improvement. Glass behind the panels are a no no.
"Lousey (sic) observations are of no consequence to scientists - it is why we do CONTROLLED experiments...."

A necessary underlying assumption being: suitable experimental methodology exists.

Controlled experimentation is not the sole and exclusive avenue by which valid observations are made. Observations in uncontrolled settings are often made first and subsequently drive experimentation under controlled conditions to validate and understand such. Lack of an immediately applicable experimental method does not invalidate the initial observation(s).

Discussion with personalities prepared to discount experiential data from all others contradicting their opinion is pointless.

On topic - I've assembled my own power cords with great results using oyaide tunami cable & neotec connectors. 
Off Topic - Willemj, I want to thank you for reminding me on another thread (you've been hitting the wire topic pretty hard lately) that I needed to replace the coax cable between my DAC & transport. I did that this week. It isn't broke in yet but sounds great. 
experiential confirmation bias

Good thing you are not allowed near drug development labs
Not only power cables make a difference, also the IEC connector in particular and other connectors in the line, fuses if you use them, dedicated spurs and consumer units all have an effect on SQ.