Where can I find a VPI SAMA (600 or 300 rpm)?

Hey,

So, while moving my HW-19 Mk4 in our last move, I inadvertently bumped the SAMA spindle and now it has an audible jiggle/vibration. This doesn't come through in the sound through the speakers, as the SAMA is isolated from the plinth, but I can hear and feel it on the tt's platform and I suspect it's affecting the sonics of the platter, etc.

I can order a new motor and pulley kit from a few retailers for $250. But truthfully, I'd rather forgo that bit of a chance for me to really screw things up and see if I can find another SAMA to replace the one I have.

Or will VPI repair my existing one?

Any advice is appreciated.

s
128x128simao
You could try lubricating the motor bearing.  My HW-19's SAMA got noisy earlier this year after 20 years of no problems.  Two drops of oil and it runs like new again.
@wlutke

Thank you for the advice. Although I think it's beyond lubrication, would I just unscrew the housing and oil things?

Problem is, I remember knocking things pretty hard. I've made plans to send it off to VPI for repair.
There is only one bearing, at the top of the shaft. A couple drops of Super Lube will work its' way down into the bearing. I may have moved a top plate to get access(?) I don’t remember if that was actually necessary but no need to disassemble.
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-51010-Oil/dp/B000BXOGHY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510927116&...
I have one I took off a Scout I think it is 300 rpm when I upgraded to 600, I will pull it out and take some picks I will sell for 1/2 of what they are new