$3,000 Planar Speakers

Someone posted a recommendation a month or so ago here regarding a planar speaker
that sells for approx $3-4k. I searched this forum but could not find it.

It was not a Magnepan

Please post that speaker again.  
128x128mitch4t
Apogee’s require an amp with some serious current delivery, and the ability to drive a 1 ohm load. You can forget about tubes in that case, Mitch, except perhaps the Music Reference RM-200 Mk.2.
Completely agree with bdp24. As part of my New Year's resolution, I'm planning on getting a pair of these.
not the Apogee Stage, relatively easy 3 ohm load my lil mac 240 does a decent job
ss does mc250 SS and and an Audionics CC2

the bigger Apogee require serious iron....
Apogee’s require an amp with some serious current delivery, and the ability to drive a 1 ohm load.

Only early models like the Scintilla were serious 1 ohm loads. Later ones tended to be more like  manageable 3 or so.

I wouldn't try to pair th with a tube amp, but many SS amps will drive them well.
I sold my Martin Logan Prodigies for $3500 which seems to be the going rate. They are truly outstanding and list around $10,000 in the early 2000s. Now I have completely restored MGIIIas which are worth less than $1000 but sound great and are good enough for me right now. I think I'll keep these as my forever speakers.
Good Luck