Not much discussion around MBL

Must not be alot of ownership by frequent posters.  They are pricey - I have  heard several models many times and have always been impressed - would love to own a pair.  Not sure I could commit.
pops
Good point - you got me there but I do still  see some fans of big buck speaks like Magico.   Newer on the scene I guess.  

Possibly because Magico are newer to the scene. However, I think that is more likely because Magico is manufactured in the USA.

You will find more discussions on these forums around ARC, VAC, D'Agostino, Rowland products than you will see regarding Goldmund, FM Acoustics, Vitus, Jadis, MBL, etc.

Some call it regioncy bias. I'm sure that German Audio Forums have more discussions about MBL speakers than Magico or Rockport speakers.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Gobble, Gobble!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrNOq41LGjs   Love the design and the pair I heard sounded great but after I watched this vid I wonder about the use of foam in transducer elements since my findings are this type of foam degrades after about 10-15 years and becomes gummy.
Dont like the lamela design. These things are designed to flex which is bad news. There must be all kinds of parasitic vibrational modes in those blades.
Shadorne who knew parasitic vibrational modes could sound so good! 😉

Those on a budget who cant afford or deal with mbl owe it to themselves to set up a pair of ohm walsh well and give that a try. Much more practical for most rooms and used you might pick a pair up for the cost of just a few audiophile fuses. What do you have to lose?  I recommend 100w/ch or higher Class D amps to drive them. Made in Broklyn. Usa and save on your power bill too!