Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli

David Ten

I know, I hear that... ( or maybe I won’t LOL ) . But I’m getting up in years , and have been around loud all my life . 43 years in a food manufacturing plant, 20 plus years of racing cars .. If that hasn’t deafened me by now, it better hurry up ..Actually, I just retired, but the plant tested our hearing every year... And I always passed with flying colors, unlike a lot of my younger co-workers...Good genes I guess.. Here’s a video link from inside my race car. If you think this stuff is loud, you should try this....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B86pK1I_DIA4MUd5aldja0EzbjA/view?usp=drive_web

Cool video Nitrobob. Love the way you casually adjust your glasses while screaming down the track.

Also to note, it's midrange and higher frequencies that damage our hearing, lower frequencies (like earthquakes) don't seem to present much of a threat. 

Hello all you audiophiles, I'm new on this forum but have been following it for some time now. I just ordered a pair of DI's with the upgrades. I consider myself as a Audiophile wana be as I don't have any real high end electronics but I do have high end speakers which I kept and still have which are Kef 103.2s (2pair) Kef 105.2s (1 pair) Pasetechnology 10.5s (I sold). I auditioned the GE Tritons but was not completely satisfied. Then I started reading and reading and reading all I could about these DIs, Well I'm sold after hearing all the positive feed back and ignored the negative. I even spoke to Eric briefly. Now onto my electronics, I have a Bryston 4bsst, a Acdcom 5ch 150w into 5ch, and Adcom 860 preamp. I also have a Mac 4100 receiver that's 75w into 8ohms and 100w into 4 ohms and I also have an 80s Tandburg 45w receiver.

I have 2 questions to whoever can steer me in the right direction since I cant upgrade any of my electronics for a while.

Which of my electronics do you think would work best with the DIs with what I have ? I was also thinking about running my Bryston through my Macs preamp Then trying just my recievers hooked up to the Did, any suggestions will help greatly. I would like to go tubes in the future.

Now my 2nd question, which is a beauty, I live in a large A-frame house, my listening space is my living room which is almost but not quite a perfect triangle. Its 24'L x 24'W x 22'H. I have no choice but to use the angled wall to place the speakers on because one end wall has a double door an a large window on it, the other wall is open into the dining room and kitchen. That leaves me only with the angled walls to use for my speakers,

Now when I place the DIs against this angled wall  being 54"s tall they will be about 3"s away at the  top of the speaker and about 3' away at the bottom. That sort of tells you the angle of the wall, But they will be 3 1/2 to 4ft away from the side wall and the other will be opened into the dining room.

So the question is what do you think of the placement vs reflections, I hope I don't sound ignorant here but like I said I'm a wana be audiophile.

Thank you for any feedback.