Here's a fire starter: Analog is as good as SACD

If in my setup (see below) a SACD version and a good LP version of an album sound almost the same; ke sense to upgrade my phonostage or invest in speaker cables, etc.

Primare I32
Zu Wylde IC
Emotiva XPS-1
Hana EL/Denon DL-301 II/Shure V15. Hanna is my fav.
Oracle Alexandria/Sumiko MMT with Cards wiring
Oppo BDP 95
Belden XLRs
Canton Ergo 1002DC speakers
DIY speaker cables 10' Bi-wire 12 AWG 99.95 OFC, 50% silver plated/50% unplated multi-strand.
2channel8
Update:
I upgraded to a Musical Surroundings Phonomena II. It is a significant improvement over the Emotiva with some cartridges; not so much with others. The Denon DL-301 II is back on top now. I'm very disappointed that the Hana is not able to keep up. But since I'm so happy with the 301, why complain. I am on that "I'm hearing things I never heard before!" pink cloud.

Upgraded to Zu Libtec speaker cables. Another nice improvement.

I now get more enjoyment out of most of my LPs than all but my very best digital recordings. Life is good.
teo_audio

I hope your last post was "tongue-in-cheek. At least I think. Damage to inner ear hair cells (nerve) is permanent and irreversible. If said hearing loss is caused by nerve damage.

Not a joke, not tongue in cheek. Look at the link....

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170807120530.htm

Even newer (mo'better newest news):

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/11/171116132800.htm

(Paraplegic rats walk and regain feeling after stem cell treatment The rats show significantly improved mobility and sensory perception, as well as spinal cord healing)
I think it depends on how much you listen to music on a daily basis.
Much over 2 hrs a day your brain prefers analog and lets you know it .
Another update:
I upgraded the Hana from EL to SL. I wasn't able to make a side-by-side comparison, so don't ask. I was afraid the SL would be too unforgiving on older, more worn LPs. Not so. I had been enjoying vinyl most of my listening time since getting the SL and a few more great LPs, like Gene Clark - No Other and Nicole Atkins - Goodnight Rhonda Lee.

I also got two more SACDs that make a great argument for digital sound quality: Jennifer Warnes - The Hunter and Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits. Both are wonderful!
Post removed