Can a Quality Full Range Speaker be the Limiting Component in a system?

Can a quality full range speaker be the limiting component in a system?

Can it be surpassed by the quality / performance of the upstream chain? Therefore, becoming the bottleneck for overall system performance?

No? Why?

Yes? How so?

Examples for both scenarios, if you have them.

For the sake of argument, assume that the speaker's performance has been fully optimized. In other words, the room, cabling, isolation, setup/positioning etc are not factors. In other words, assume it's the best it can be.

Thank You!

------------------------
Note: this is not about any specific speaker I own or have demo'd/heard. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xdavid_ten
I think speakers are usually the limiting factor. I think there are over 500 speaker manufactures, at least. You job is to find the gem amongst them. Do be swayed by the BS, plenty of that to go around. 

Jim
dealer
soundsreal, and y'all....instead of thinking that speakers are a limiting factor (unless they Are utter dreck...*L*), I like to approach them as having different 'voicing', much like us....  Anyone can, say, read Shakespeare out loud.  But the numbers diminish as expression, timing, and nuance get expected at the presentation

With that in mind, it begins to make sense, the inexpensive speaker that outperforms pricer ones....the 'sonic surprises' that extend into the 'driving equipment, for sure, but speakers make their 'differences' known sooner, being so 'elemental'....
>>>> Can a quality full range speaker be the limiting component in a system? <<<<

In your system it can.  In another system it might not. Too many variables to be able to give a yes, or no, answer. 
A better question would be can anything but the speakers be the limiting component in a system made up of quality components.  I've been refraining from commenting on this thread because I have a hard time believing it's a sincere question.  Why would the component that is the least linear by far not be capable of being the limiting component?
I will say that most box speakers for me are a failure because of cabinet sound coloration and because in the mid to lower bass you can hear non linearity in the excursion of the driver. But these are price point cost driven limitations that can be overcome in more costly models. The other factor is crossover and driver placement affect on time coherence. If these aren't right, your electronics won't ever be heard at their best. Cost doesn't help you here, designer solution is what counts.