USB Cable Comparison Audience / Cardas / Purist / Stealth / Wireworld

I've been meaning to share my findings and impressions from a recent six cable comparison of USB cables.

What follows is a 'work in progress draft' that I will be finalizing and posting on a blogging site.

Getting this posted is a way of lighting a fire under myself so I get the write-up finalized. And to keep my promise to share my findings with a number of Audiogoners.

What is posted is the first phase of the 'shoot-out' involving four cables.

Please note:

- This is not finalized and I will be making edits, and adding information, etc.

- This is the first phase of the comparison.

- The second phase will be posted soon.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdavid_ten
Most companies recommend 1.5 meters for USB. I know Wireworld suggests 1.5 meters as the optimal length. Does Stealth suggest 1.5 meters as optimal? I noticed that the WW was 1 meter, do you think the results would differ if the WW was 1.5 meters?
@ricred1   Good question and point.

I've heard smaller than 1M lengths for some USB cables being best. I've also read about avoiding longer lengths for some types of interconnect cables.

I did not ask the question specifically of any of the the cable companies represented in this comparison.

Stealth's FAQ section does not address cable length. It does address a number of other issues. I reached out to Audience for a separate question, and their response did not address cable length.

I requested equal lengths of cabling from The Cable Co. but they were not able to match all, via their lending program. 

When I was ready to purchase the Stealth I asked The Cable Co specifically about the length (the demo was 1.5M) because I did not want any surprises with a new length. I was informed that there would be no sonic difference or penalty or upside between the 1M to 2M lengths of Stealth.

I chose the 1M length because I don't like having excess cable hanging off the shelves and also paying for a length I am unlikely to need, in this application.

I cannot, from memory, discern any difference in the performance between my Stealth 1M and the 1.5M demo. 

Have you found differences? It will be good to know if you have. Thanks.
@dlcockrum  @t_ramey  @knownothing   

Thank you for your kind words. Good to hear you like the write-up. It's been exhausting and time-consuming. So the 'thumbs up' is appreciated.
This may or may not be helpful RE cable length for USB since this article is focused on S/PDIF.

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue14/spdif.htm

I would suggest reaching out to Steve Nugent who posts here as audioengr