B&W D3s have landed

Just got the call this morning. My dealer's demo 802, 803 and 804 demos have arrived. Can't wait to see and hear them.
Ag insider logo xs@2xgreginnh
Sonus faber and B&W speakers have very different sound qualities. I greatly prefer the SFs for their inherent musicality and very involving sound, while a different listener will prefer the B&W sound. To each their own, listen and make your choice as to which you prefer to live with.
@Jldouglas

Thanks, it was a long post but I wanted to be thorough about the experience. Regarding your comment about hoping for a night/day difference given the price increase, I know how you feel. On the one hand, for all that extra money, you want to hear big improvements, you want them to make it easy to write the bigger check. But on the other hand, if it were a night/day difference that would almost be an indictment of the D2, as if there were so many things "off" about the D2 that it was easy to improve it dramatically. And I don't think that's the case...even if you're not a B&W fan, and I know many people are not, it's hard to argue that it's not a fine speaker. Small improvements? Sure, why not. But massive improvements...I can't get there.

@Bill_k

You couldn't be more correct! I agree - they are very different products, and I've greatly enjoyed both at different points along the way. I almost didn't include the note about the SF, so as not to appear to be trying to lure people in that direction, but figured people would take it the way you did...just another brand to consider, and I think many B&W shoppers probably are considering SF at the same time.

I will say that where both make it easy to feel good about writing the check is that they both share superb build quality, tactile feel and fit and finish. I don't mind spending the money when I know that blood, sweat & tears went into the engineering and materials, and someone cared to make sure it went out the door looking flawless and beautifully crafted. Both B&W offer that with the 800 Series and Olympicas.
@greginnh

You had listening session ( Luxman L590ax / 803D3 ). Do you think Luxman had enough current to easily drive 803D3 ?

Thanks! for sharing your listening experience bcgator.
former B&W 805N owner here whom still believes that this speakerĀ  is the sweet spot within the lineup. Match it with a REL subwoofer and you are musically set. Happy Listening!
Post removed