Why does my system now have shrill top end.

The equipment in my system (listed below) has not changed but I now find on both CD and Vinyl a high end shrillness to the sound (treble is very harsh) that has become very annoying, especially at high volume levels. I have no idea why this happened all of a sudden.

Endevour E-3
Pass 30.8
Pass XP 20
Esoteric K01x
Linn LP12 (Ortofon Black cartridge)
Linn Linto Phono Preamp
PS Audio P5 (Amp plugged in directly to wall)
JL Audio F112 v2 sub
OCOS Speaker cable (15 feet)
Pass XLR interconnect (Preamp to Amp)
Harmonic Technology Cable Magic Link (not current version). RCA termination

Any ideas?
proacman
@grannyring

+1

These forums are meant to exchange ideas and assist members in the world of audio and not insult those who do not agree with their opinions. These forums are not to be used as their personal message board. That is why there is a private message section. No one wants to hear their bickering and personal agendas that have nothing to do with the original topic. It’s time the moderators enforce the forum guidelines.
If there is garbage fed to the inputs of the amp there will be garbage on the outputs.
Garbage in  = garbage out.

+1 @grannyring 

Al and (most of the time) shadorne do a good job of disagreeing without attacking. 

Criticize the idea, not the person..
Jea48 11-28-2017
Al,

Is it possible the P5 is the problem? ... When the OP is using the P5 for the front equipment could the P5, because of some internal problem, be causing the sound problem?
I would think it’s unlikely, Jim, but I suppose it’s a possibility. For example, perhaps the MultiWave circuitry is misbehaving and doing funny things with the AC waveform, even when it is supposedly not being used.

In any event it’s easy enough to find out, as you suggested.

Also, another thing I would suggest that the OP do, if he already hasn’t, is to use the P5’s oscilloscope function to look at its incoming and outgoing AC waveforms. And see if either looks dramatically different than a sine wave.

Best regards,
-- Al

Post removed