The new Synergistic Research BLUE fuses ....

New SR BLUE fuse thread ...

I’ve replaced all 5 of the SR BLACK fuses in my system with the new SR BLUE fuses. Cold, out of the box, the BLUE fuses stomped the fully broken-in SR BLACKS in a big way. As good as the SR BLACK fuses were/are, especially in comparison with the SR RED fuses, SR has found another break-through in fuses.

1. Musicality ... The system is totally seamless at this point. Its as if there is no system in the room, only a wall to wall, front to back and floor to ceiling music presentation with true to life tonality from the various instruments.

2. Extension ... I’ve seemed to gain about an octave in low bass response. This has the effect of putting more meat on the bones of the instruments. Highs are very extended, breathing new life into my magic percussion recordings. Vibes, chimes, bells, and triangles positioned in the rear of the orchestra all have improved. I’ve experienced no roll-off of the highs what so ever with the new BLUE fuses. Just a more relaxed natural presentation.

3. Dynamics ... This is a huge improvement over the BLACK fuses. Piano and vibes fans ... this is fantastic.

I have a Japanese audiophile CD of Flamenco music ... the foot stomps on the stage, the hand clapping and the castanets are present like never before. Want to hear natural sounding castanets? Get the BLUE fuses.

4. Mid range ... Ha! Put on your favorite Ben Webster album ... and a pair of adult diapers. Play Chris Connor singing "All About Ronnie," its to die for.

Quick .... someone here HAS to buy this double album. Its a bargain at this price. Audiophile sound, excellent performance by the one and only Chris Connor. Yes, its mono ... but so what? Its so good you won’t miss the stereo effects. If you’re the lucky person who scores this album, please post your results here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-CLEAN-The-Finest-Of-CHRIS-CONNOR-Bethlehem-Jazz-1975-NM-UNPLAYED-...

Overall impressions:

Where the RED fuses took about 20 hours to sound their best, and the BLACK fuses took upwards of 200 hours of total break-in, the BLUE fuses sounded really good right out of the box ... and that’s without doing anything about proper directional positioning. Not that the BLUE fuses don’t need breaking in, they do. The improvement continues through week three. Its a gradual break-in thing where each listening session is better than the last.

Everything I described above continues to break new ground in my system as the fuses continue breaking in. Quite honestly, I find it difficult to tear myself away from the system in order to get things done. Its truly been transformed into a magical music machine. With the expenditure of $150.00 and a 30 day return policy there’s really nothing to lose. In my system, its like upgrading to a better pre amp, amp, CD player or phono stage. Highly recommended.

Kudos to Ted Denney and the entire staff at SR. Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Frank

PS: If you try the SR BLUE fuses, please post your results here. Seems the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and Negative Nellie’s have hijacked the original RED fuse thread. A pox on their houses and their Pioneer receivers.

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
@hifiman5 Don't worry I do not want to fight that battle. However, even though we do not need explanations on how these fuses do their magic to appreciate the effect they have on sound, I do believe it would be interesting to know more about how this is achieved. Not only because as an engineer I'm curious about those things but it would surely help in this debate if we could rule out the esoteric aspect of it and discuss over the technical merits. I know a few folks would still have something to say but my bet is that most people reading these threads would like to understand better how it works. Also, although it seems accepted that the blue fuses are better than the blacks, I still don't understand why a single fuse (there are still 3 other black fuses in the system) is having such an impact on the overall sound when 4 black fuses were not providing the same level of improvement. Again, that does not prevent me from sitting down and appreciating the music as recommended by @jpspock which is obviously the most important part but I can't help but looking at this hobby from the electronic perspective too ;-). The fact all of this nice music is coming from electricity, transistors, tubes and chips is amazing.

@oregonpapa Thank you Frank for sharing your impressions on fuses, music and other tuning devices. I personally appreciate (and I'm sure I'm not the only one here) you are spending your precious time to the benefit of the audiophile community. Regarding Herbie's tube dampeners, they are already on my list. Thanks again!

Guy
A word of gratitude to a great company, Audio Research. And an expression that there are still outstanding companies and individuals in this world. 

As documented here, I burned up my Audio Research Reference 6 preamp. I chose to substitute an SED 6550 tube, the tube arced and took out a couple circuit boards and some other components. I had also purchased the unit used, so I fully expected to pay for the repair. I learned today that my preamp has been repaired by Audio Research ** Free of Charge**  Thank you. Thank you so much, Audio Research. You have earned a loyal customer. And I will spread the word.
Blue on order to replace original, general purpose Buss fuse in the driver for the Torus sub. Should receive it this week and then have a serious listen this weekend. I'd previously replaced a similar Buss fuse with one of the SR black ones in the new (to me) Audio Note Soro and to my ears it was worth every cent... or $.
@tomg95123  That's fine, but as the skeptics/science addicts here will demand of you are your measurements to substantiate such an outrageous claim about the difference a mere fuse could make.  Be prepared!🧐
Hi Fleschler,
I agree with your description of the  "Explosive" recording, very dynamic and high energy big band setting. Milt Jackson playing brilliantly as usual. It begins with "Bag’s Groove" and just goes onward. This CD fills the room with terrific big band music 😊.

Track 6, "The Nearness Of You " is wall to wall beauty. Man, Milt can just flat out play!!!
Charles