VPI vs. SOTA

Researching a new turntable to replace my MMF 5.1.  Looking at the $2k range and considering VPI and SOTA.  Will be matched with a C-J Pv-14L, C-J EV1 and C-J classic 60 into B7W 805N.  Play anything from Kendrick to Dead to Miles.  Any thoughts?

suko
I'm a fan of SOTA and have gotten great service and results out of my Sapphire.  Sapphires pop up used here and other places for ~$1K and you can get a great second-hand arm like a Graham 2, Micro Seki or similar with VTA on the fly for another ~$1K.  That combo gets you giant-killer performance and a very budget friendly price.  The table is readily DIY serviceable if needed, FWTW.

VPI is also highly regarded and owners rave about them.  I don't have personal experience though, so can't offer more than that.  Good luck and happy listening no matter which way you go!
VPI and Sota are both great brands.  You can buy refurbished Sota directly from them... call to see what she's got in house.  You might also call the elusivedisc folks who are really good at this and exceptionally fair to deal with.  Also, I note that Music Direct is featuring a new Rega P6 table in your price range that looks interesting.  Have fun deciding... all good.
If you're open to other suggestions George Merrill's Polytable is another great option. This is  a heck of a good turntable just like with the Well Tempered table looks can be deceiving
p.s. and is upgradable to boot!