Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy
Yeah, I agree on the whole human nature thing, but these clowns are hiding behind keyboards with total impunity. Imagine, as I do, having such discussions "face to face" with a real live human. We would not act in such a rude fashion. With this new way (internet) of dialog between individuals there is no check valve on speech. If I was in a real live social setting with those that would behave in such an opinionated/rude/disrespectful attitude, I can assure you that they would be seeing the dentist the next day.
This is the time of Trump when only the negative matters to some and is focused on with the lack of respect for others. I dropped out of Audio Asylum because of the attacks on anything I mentioned. This should be a fun hobby with each one of us having our own experiences.
Perhaps this forum should be more about sharing our individual experiences and trying to help one another with questions we may have about gear, our systems etc. than putting on our opposing jerseys and doing battle.
@phillyb I believe this type of behavior preceded Trump. I believe the majority of ‘goners are passionate about our hobby or else why would they hang out in an audiophile forum? Where we differ is on opinion and qualifications. Some here are technically sound engineers, others are crack novice ‘engineers’ (me) and others have a business driven agenda. 

I’ve derived a lot of value from others’ insights however it’s not the final measure as we must consider preferences amongst other things.

for the OP, to raise this topic and proceed to call people clowns and threaten physical violence probably doesn’t help matters...if you don’t like the clap backs from some, just ignore them.
the real problem is people posting things without doing valid listening tests, often things that violate known laws of electricity

so, yes clowns