1-Where did you hear the best ...

"Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but no one knows why. In our lab, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and no one knows why."

1-Where did you hear the very best sound(s) system(s)?  

i- In a show  ii- In a store  iii- In a private place               Please elaborate.

2-Where do you believe we can mostly find the best sound systems between the three aforementioned places?

i- In shows
( maybe because they can take the time to put together cost no object components synergistically ... )

ii- In stores
( maybe because they have the expertise and time to build excellent systems and have plenty of time to implement it in a decent acoustic environment ... )

iii-In private places
( maybe because some people are wealthy enough, competent enough, passionate enough and have time enough ...  And, of course, being wealthy, competent and passionate means they do benefit of an excellent dedicated room ... )

3- Do you think that most of the very serious audiophiles are doing better than the stores where they bought their equipment ? ( I know, most of the time we ended up buying our components from various places but, let's compare our systems with comparable ( pricewise ) offerings we can find in stores ... )

Do you think you are personally doing better than stores?

In theory, we might have an idea of the answer of question number 2, while question number 1 refers to practice ... Question number 3 being in fact a logical consequence of the two previous ones ...

4- Which best sound system would you like to hear? 

Gentlemen, you start first!

All right, quickly

1- ii & iii
2-iii
3-no
4- I'm still thinking !!!

It is my first thread which I am starting, please don't be too rude with me!
128x128effer
Often in High end (commercial ) movie theaters.  Saw a movie last night...and was in awe of how good the soundtrack. ..sounded. 

I know that part of it is the room design and sheer power involved.... but if my system sounded like that...I'd never leave the house.

Seem to be the best of the headphone and speaker experience, combined.

P.S. Trolls and insecure freaks need not reply to my post...as this is MY experience. ...and yes I have had very very nice equipment. 
ok, I will bet that Tomlinson Holman designed the movie theatre system you heard...
In a private house,  I have heard, in a big room, measuring something around 15' x easily 25'-30',  Magnepan Tympanis 1 modded ( he added ribbon tweeters ) +  subwoofer + 2 Classé Audio DR-2 in monoblock configuration.

The panels where easily 7 to 10 feet away from the back wall ...

Even though the owner was the type of listener who enjoys to play his music at low to moderate volume, the sound was immersive, very natural and lifelike ... Nothing was aggressive.

I remember when he played Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture ... 

This is why, later, I ended up with a very similar system ...

mgattmch,

you meant the Apogee Full Range?

Without any doubt magnificent speakers ...