Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy

@uberwalz

That's good sound advise !! I think I'll be heading home soon to do just that (still at work. The joys of being self employed) Perhaps I'll substitute the tea for a nice cold beer though :)  Cheers!!

Eddy

You know us Brits only drink warm beer...lol.
Zoned out on Audioslave right now.
Cheers

Kevin

If anyone cares to hear about the rare day I had yesterday. I'll elaborate. It all seems pretty comical today, but it had me in a strange frame of mind yesterday. Perhaps this will be entertaining to some.

First I must say that I am the owner of a welding/fabrication company, and a job that is time critical had myself, and one other employee working through the weekend to get it done for Monday. Said employee decided that yesterday morning was a great time to quit, with no notice. GRRR

Then, A piece of equipment needed for the job died. Ok, so I solve that problem, only to have another issue with incorrect material from one of our suppliers. Solve that problem, and then, (believe it or not) a single engine aircraft crashes in the field right behind my shop !! I kid you not.

Lucky for the pilot, no serious injuries. So, by this point in my day my exasperation is at an all time high. I decide that trying to get anything done with work related issues will be foolish. Sometimes you just have to realize its an off day, and give up. So.... I decide to log in to Agon. First post I visit is, well lets just say, as negative as my day had been. Hence my post.

I know this is way off topic, but I'll bet most can relate to such a crappy day. But... I think I have the bragging rights to a plane crash on my property.

Good news though. Today has been stellar. All work is complete and ready for shipping. Now the new Manley Steelhaed phono stage I ordered last week is well paid for :)

Hope you all have a good week

Cheers!

@uberwatzS

I suspected as much! We Canadians on the other hand, enjoy our beer as cold as our winters!!!!