Von Schweikert VR-1 & VRS-1 or VR-2?

Has anyone been able to hear the VR-1s with the VRS-1 sub?
The cost of this combination, minus stands, is the same as a set of VR-2s. Both speakers get rave reviews, but I'm curious as to what your opinions are. I have plenty of amplification for the VR-2s so power requirements aren't a consideration.
david_cordner
i have both n love them so much that i would never sell them, i even compare the vr2 to wilsons wattpuppys 6 n i liked the vr2 better, the wilsons played louder but had a dry sound n flat sound stage, , consider how expensive they are i expected they would blow away the vr2s but they didn't. go figure,
You revive a 10 year old thread for this? Seriously?

But as long as you did.......

The VR2 is an average speaker at best. I had a pair once upon a time, but not for long.

Shakey
I tried them in 2009 and sold them 2 months later. I have a friends VR 2s here now as he moved up to VR 33s. I also have Vandersteen 2CEs. As much as I want the VR2s to win over the Vandersteens it is not happening The Vandersteens have a bigger more open sound and the bass is more realistic. The height of the stage is much taller on the Vandersteens. I am not giving up yet but not looking good.