Brooklyn DAC+ Anyone?

Hey Folks,

I did some searches and did not see anyone claiming to have the DAC+.  Saw one positive review from a site of which I am unfamiliar.  I prefer reviews where there is listening and testing so perhaps we will have to hope for Stereophile or HiFi News to get one but that will probably take some time.

I have a DAC+ on backorder with MusicDirect so hopefully any bugs will be exterminated before I get mine.  I am also hoping for more details on the circuit changes.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
128x128robob
Hello,

Based on the lack of responses to my query,  nobody here apparently has the new version.  Reviews of both lead me to believe the DAC3 is a bit better than the original Brooklyn.  Of course many of us actually want MQA and the Benchmarks do not do MQA. 

My expectation is that the new Brooklyn DAC+ will equal or better the DAC3 in non MQA quality.  They did quite a bit of work on the new model.

Y'all have some fun,
Robert
@robob

I think it is safe to say you will be happy with either DAC. The Benchmark DAC 3 is glitch free on switching formats and syncs within 6 msec which is practically instantaneous.

Advantages of DAC3 will be for intersample overs which exist on the majority of pop rock redbook CD or files. Benchmark designed extra circuitry to handle this problem and remains the ONLY DAC to address this problem in nearly all pop rock digital music. I think this explains why it sounds so smooth like vinyl yet with more detail.

The problem is widespread and even affects audiphile quality CD like Steely Dan Gaslighting Abbie with hundreds of overs. All other DACs will clip (square wave at digital saturation)and distort hundreds of times on every track you play.

https://benchmarkmedia.com/blogs/application_notes/intersample-overs-in-cd-recordings

Shadorne,

Thanks for the reply but I was not the one asking about the DAC3.  As I said I want MQA (I currently use an Explorer2 for that) and the DAC3 does not have it.
I did read Benchmark's reply in Stereophile about the intersample overs.  I had not heard of it and find it interesting.  I am pretty much avoiding Redbook pop/rock these days as the LPs are usually not as compressed.

Again,  I am interested if anyone has compared the new Brooklyn DAC+ to the older model or it's competition.  I have one on order and want to know what to expect.

Hope you have a good eve,
Robert
PS: Since this is not Twitter, I am not @robob.  And I am not that on Twitter either:-)
@robob 

I think you will be delighted with the DAC+ it has the ESS 9028 chip and offers all the filter options that come with the chip. Benchmark also bypassed the filters on this chip in order to achieve a more transparent sound but this gives the user less flexibilty (no filter choices)
Robert,

I understand your confusion about the "@" syntax but this is a convention that Audiogon uses too.  Typing @ when you're replying to another responder (instead of the OP) in the thread pops up a list of everyone in the current thread.  Selecting one of them (or simply typing out their handle) allows Audiogon to alert them that someone posted a response directed at them.

Please follow up when you get the DAC+.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Dick