160Hegel and DNLA . . .

In January I bought a Hegel H360 integrated amp. I was drawn to it because of its specs--especially the DLNA connectivity. Over the last (almost) year, I have enjoyed the quality of the sound and the elegance of the design, but the amp has regularly disconnected from the network. In recent weeks, it has gotten worse. I've reached out to Hegel and they are complexed, as am I.

Can any of you H160 or H360 users experienced this problem, too? Or have any other DLNA network folks seen anything like this, too? Thanks in advance.

Mike
mkaiser
I have talked about a possible design flaw in Hegel amplifiers in other threads. I received verbal abuse from Hegel. It seems like your case is muted confirmation of my earlier observations. You are fortunate their response to you was benign.
Playing spotify off my laptop sometimes the usb connection will cause a momentary dropout but otherwise so far so good.
Never had an Ethernet issue or AirPlay as it was used daily for at least a year. This really surprises me to be honest. Sorry to hear nonetheless.
I have an H160, and have only ever experienced loss of connection when two programs are vying for the amp's attention (Audrivana vs. iTunes). The connectivity via Airplay has been flawless, while Audrivana is a bit more finicky over the network.

Hope you get to the bottom of the connectivity issues. Good luck!
Thanks for everyone's comments. I'm working with my Hegel dealer to get this resolved. All signs point to a problem with the unit. I hope to get another one soon--to verify.

I will report back with any news.
More to discover