Annoying sounds from cars at stop light

What causes the stereo in the car next to you at the stop light so loud and annoying with over the top bass and how can the driver stand it?

128x128soundsrealaudio
Here is a thought: If the area of the exterior of the car is 100 times larger then the area of the drivers then if it moves with only 100th of the energy of the drivers the volume will be equal to that of the driver. 

I wonder if that same physics would apply to your loud speakers at home. 

.01% of the rear energy to equal the volume of the drivers. Scary thought. At least to me. Apparently not to speaker makers.
I was once at a stop light and the car in front of me was producing such thumping one note bass the bandana he had hanging from the rear view mirror was fluttering.  Couldn't stop laughing for about 15 mins
...I've assumed at times that the driver (and any passengers) are engaged in some form of G.I. tract 'purge'....

Pity such young people are suffering from these maladies....must be some sort of 'urban plague' that's so embarrassing that they resort to such high db levels to mask their pain....
...one Could retaliate ('scuse me...Assist...) by playing Schubert EXTREMELY LOUD....
@metman. that's funny and pathetic.  if it was actually loud, the rear view mirror would have fallen off long ago.  :)