Ayre Acoustics AX-5 Twenty

Has anyone heard the ayre ax-5 twenty with Dynaudio Speakers? How does ayre compare to Simaudio, Pass, or Octave integrated amps? Ayre retails for about 15k !

danimaz
I own Ayre K5xeMP and owned Dynaudios (Focus 140) before. I wouldn't call Ayre dark, or Dyanudios lively.  In my experience, Ayre is dead quiet, noise free if you will, very open and transparent, and believe it or not, it's a bit sweet, I certainly enjoy it more than my previous tube preamp. It's super detailed, tight on the low end...sweet on the high end. I am very impressed by Ayre.

As for Dynaudios, Focus series was dark and boxed in, needed very high current and high volumes to open up. Once opened up, very nice sound. I like Dyns, they have a sweet top end, and an engaging low mid, high bass tuned type of a signature. Recently I heard the Contour C20s while speaker shopping...and they were very, very nice. I loved their big sound.
Sorry - to answer your question, I think if the speakers are somewhat efficient (don't know which model you're talking about), ie, like 87db and up, the Ayre would be a very good match for Dynaudios.
I had been playing around with a pair of Cary CAD 572 SE monoblocks to drive KEF LS50s.  When I introduced an Ayre K-5xeMP it seemed to move the sound even with solid state amps a bit in the direction of the Cary tube amps.  I'm now using a KX-5 Twenty preamp with a VX-5 Twenty amp -- think of ab AX-5 Twenty as separates.  The sound is pretty much as nitewulf describes it.  BTW, the QX-5 Twenty digital hub is a superb addition, with DSD files from Acoustic Sounds sounding perhaps even better than the SACD played on my C-5xeMP.

db 
Thanks for your responses guys!
I am about to setup an apt with a dealer here in Chicago to hear the ax-5 twenty. 
What I really want to know if this unit sounds like 14k$ amp paired with dynaudios. 
In the past i.heard a 9500$ int amp with C20s and it was really really good but the sound i heard was not worth 9500$! 

Btw I have the contour 20s and I heard the octave V70se well under 10k$ and that amp got my attention like no other amp so far! ( I'm sure there are amps out there that are equally good or better) 
V70se was dead.quiet transparent punchy all of the above.  

I want to find out if 7,000$ difference is worth it or not (ax-5 twenty)

Who knows! It may sound like a $50,000 amp.  It’s been my experience that at a certain level there is less of a correlation of price to sound quality.  

You should listen to as many amps as you can and if possible, work with a dealer that can let you do an in-home audition.