Whats in your second system?

Just curious as to the people who like myself have many thousands "invested" in their main system with all the latest tweaks, cables etc and also have a second or even third system.

Did you assemble that with the same love and care and dedication and costly tweaks?

Or did you throw something together from bargain bins or indeed your old leftovers and then sat back and thought...Wow this sounds really good!

And if so did that get you thinking on the main system...lol.

My second system cost way less than the speaker cables on my main system but I am constantly shocked at just how nice it sounds for such a no frills setup.

Linn Classic all in one
Tannoy 2 ellipse small floorstanders
20 year old (at least) Jensen 50w 8 inch sub.
Monster Cable 12/2 speaker cable bare wire ends.
Home brewed power cord just cos I had it laying around.

The Linn just sits on top of a chest of drawers with the Tannoys flanking the chest either side and the lil sub sitting behind the chest.

And it sounds darn good tbh!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xuberwaltz
Mostly where I use my home brew stuff. Fried betas, home brew el84 amp. Home brew 5687 line stage. Mainly used for streaming audio.
Mg16
It’s not how many different systems you have it is what you DO with the different systems you have.

While I have more than one audio setup, I have just one system where the PRIMARY purpose is to sit and focus on listening to music. It is located in a room dedicated to listening. I have a sweet spot in my primary system. My primary system brings me immense pleasure.

My secondary system is located in a large living room with an adjoining kitchen. It’s purpose is to provide good sounding music while I am mainly doing something else like cooking, reading and generally moving around. I do not have a sweet spot in my living room. My attitude with my secondary system is it only needs to be "good enough" while my primary system needs to be the best I can achieve given what I currently have or am willing to add to it. I think I would go nuts if I had more than one primary listening system as my main system takes all my audiophile attention as it is. For me, having two primary audio system would be like having two wives.
In my office/bedroom:

AudioNote Kit EL34 integrated
AudioNote Kit Phono Pre
Rega RP6 with GrooveTracer upgrades
Schiit Bifrost DAC
Apple AirPort Express
Devore Gibbon 3Xls
Family room:

EVS modified Oppo Sonica DAC into
Ars-Sonum Filarmonia SE integrated amp into
Merlin TSM Black Magic Speakers on custom Skylan stands.

Roughly $5500 (purchased the Ars-Sonum and Merlins used) for some of the best digital sound I've ever heard (saying a lot since I'm a vinyl guy; my main system is vinyl/tube only). The only thing missing is the lower octave.