D'Agostino Progression monoblocks replacing my Theta Prometheus monoblocks

I downsized from a 5.1 surround system back to 2 channel. Got rid of my 5 Theta monoblocks, and have a pair of the D'Agostino's coming. I am so looking forward to getting them in my system. They will be used with an ARC Ref 10 preamp and Wilson Maxx 3 speakers. 
128x128statman
George, After changing from the Theta Prometheus (which is a really great sounding amp) I have had a pair of ARC Ref 250 SE monoblocks, and Momentum monos for a back to back comparison. All three were with the same ARC Ref 10 preamp.
After changing from the Theta Prometheus (which is a really great sounding amp) I have had a pair of ARC Ref 250 SE monoblocks, and Momentum monos for a back to back comparison. All three were with the same ARC Ref 10 preamp.

Couldn’t get 3 more opposite amp topologies.

I'm surprised the Momentum monoblocks didn't push your buttons. I know the  Progression is a step up in power, but the topology will be similar to the Momentum, and should have had enough power for you.   

Cheers George
Even if you thought Theta gear is "over-hyped," the Prometheus is unlike former Theta gear because of the use of Bruno Putzeys NC1200 amp modules.  I was curious whether the linear power supply in the Theta version "cured" the problem I had with the sound of the Hypex/Ncore Class D amp modules powered by their SMPS.  Based on the comments, I guess not.  I do not blame Theta or David Reich for not being able to pull off a trick that no one else has been able to accomplish with the Ncore modules.  I know I am much happier with my conventional Class A amps.  I do own another amp that is a David Reich design, a McCormack DNA-2 LAE with SMc Signature upgrades.  I like the sound of that amp better than the Ncore monos too.