D'Agostino Progression monoblocks replacing my Theta Prometheus monoblocks

I downsized from a 5.1 surround system back to 2 channel. Got rid of my 5 Theta monoblocks, and have a pair of the D'Agostino's coming. I am so looking forward to getting them in my system. They will be used with an ARC Ref 10 preamp and Wilson Maxx 3 speakers. 
128x128statman
Even if you thought Theta gear is "over-hyped," the Prometheus is unlike former Theta gear because of the use of Bruno Putzeys NC1200 amp modules.  I was curious whether the linear power supply in the Theta version "cured" the problem I had with the sound of the Hypex/Ncore Class D amp modules powered by their SMPS.  Based on the comments, I guess not.  I do not blame Theta or David Reich for not being able to pull off a trick that no one else has been able to accomplish with the Ncore modules.  I know I am much happier with my conventional Class A amps.  I do own another amp that is a David Reich design, a McCormack DNA-2 LAE with SMc Signature upgrades.  I like the sound of that amp better than the Ncore monos too.
I was curious whether the linear power supply in the Theta version "cured" the problem I had with the sound of the Hypex/Ncore Class D amp modules powered by their SMPS. Based on the comments, I guess not. I do not blame Theta or David Reich for not being able to pull off a trick that no one else has been able to accomplish with the Ncore modules.
The linear supply was never going to fix the problems with Class-D

The problem with class-d for now is that the massive switching frequency is too low (approx 700khz) for the filters to filter them out effectively without effecting the audio band in phase shifts and or even early roll off, in some cases. In the future when technology catches up to allow double or triple the switching frequency speed then Class-D will become a force to be reckoned with.

Here is Solutions Cyrill Hammer take on it also.
"if you want to have your product performing at the cutting edge it is not possible with today’s known switching technologies. In order to come close to the performance of the best linear design we would need high-current semiconductors that provide switching frequencies of several MHz or even GHz."

Cheers George
"Here is Solutions Cyrill Hammer take on it also.
"if you want to have your product performing at the cutting edge it is not possible with today’s known switching technologies. In order to come close to the performance of the best linear design we would need high-current semiconductors that provide switching frequencies of several MHz or even GHz." "

And then it is no longer an amp, it is a radio transmitter.

Y'all have some fun,
Robert
And then it is no longer an amp, it is a radio transmitter.
Yeah I think Cyrill is pushing it a bit high, a couple of mhz should do it, this way the class-d’s low order filter can do it’s job properly and not leave any residue of the switching frequency left in the audio band.

Like the Stereophile external bench filter they now use when they test Class-D’s square waves, it leaves no saw tooth switching frequency ringing on the tops of the square wave.
Trouble is that filter can only take a watt or so before it would blow. For it to work with today’s Class-d’s for the listener it would have to handle the full power of the amp, impossible.

Cheers George