Audioquest DC cables - why are there almost no high end DC cables?

Hi everyone,

I noticed it's very difficult to get high end dc cables.

Why is that?

Surely a lot of components use DC connections: LPS, DAC/Streamers, HDD's, Switches.

I have been reading that a good DC cable need 2 things:

1. Geometry: starquad
2. Thick awg (12?)

Now I want have a DC cable made with audioquest wiring. These tick the above two requirements.

Can I use AQ type 4, CV4 or Rocket33 to make a DC cable?

The plug I will be using is Oyaide. Oyaide has high quality DC plugs in 2.1 and 2.5.

Ideas?
128x128richardhk
richardhk - take a look a Ghent cables - they are making up star-quad DC cables for reasonable prices

star-quad alters the inductance to act as an inductor (choke, ferrite beads) and reduce RF noise injection to the DAC

An LPS is not a bad idea either
You folks may be over-invested in the star-quad construct.  I made several PCs that way from TFT-insulated silver-plated copper wire that were subsequently trounced by thicker, pure silver wire in a simple twisted pair with a foil shield.  It's worth a try.  Thick silver wire is too expensive for commercial marketing, but relatively cheap for DIY.       
"yeah, the total cable is 16awg, but it uses 2 x 19awg conductors for each leg."

the site says 2 x 16awg

so does that mean 2 poles and in total 16 awg?

I read it as 2 times 16awg, so 1 x 16awg conductors for each leg?

This is what I found on another site:

thickness conducturs: 2 x 1,31mm²

The main question is: will it fit an Oyaide 2.5 and 2.1 DC plug?

http://shoponstage.com/Oyaide-DC25G-DC-Power-Plug

Body Material: Gold-plated brass finish
Cover material: Berri brass chrome-plated finish
Plug Type: PL03A (φ5.5mmxφ2.5mm)
Max Cable O.D.: 6.3mm
Accessories: Comes with three silicon spacer rings
Manufacturer Oyaide electricity

Maybe by taking the sleeves off at plugs end?

We can use heatshrink to cover the sleeveless plugs ends off?

There are 2 x 19awg conductors for the HOT (one blade), and then another 2 x 19awg conductors for NEUTRAL (the second blade).  We call this a 16awg power cord because there is 16awg for each blade.  On this particular cable, there is no ground, so it's just 2 major legs.  If you look at the picture of NRG-1.5:

https://www.audiodestination.co.uk/image/cache/catalog/data/Audioquest/Power/2315lg-800x700.jpg

You will see that there are 4 wires total.  There are two 19awg conductors for each blade.

If you wanted to use NRG-1.5 for DC, you would have to strip away the outer insulation sleeve and then possibly solder in the individual wires.