2 subwoofers?

I have #2 B+W 802 speakers powered by a Classe 5 channel amp. 250 Watts per channel. Each speaker is getting 500 watts. One channel powers the woofers and another channel powers the mid and tweeter.Plenty of power. I have one Velodyne 1500 SPL sub under the left speaker. I am considering getting another one for the right speaker.People are telling me that one sub is enough and that getting another one would only be a waste of my money.The Velodyne 1500 is a powerful sub but I can't help but think getting another to match the left side would improve the sound. Any input will be appreciated.
fuqua
I agreed with Kiddman and others, 2 is better than one, from my observations in my system I was always able to locate the single sub when I had one no matter where I placed it. Then I bought another and put them close to mains and bass is smoother and very hard to pinpoint the bass location.
Thanks for all of this valuable information everybody. I have decided to get another subwoofer. Now I have a new problem. For the life of me I cannot locate another subwoofer to match the one I currently have. Velodyne stopped making the 1500r spl years ago and I cannot locate one through this site, eBay, craigslist or any where else. Can I set up a similar in specs but different model, or must they match for sonic reasons? I have given myself a headache!
Sell yours and get two DD12 or15 instead. These were the best velodynes made.