DACs and bass response?

I'm auditioning dacs in my system. One (COS) was way to analytical, overall, but had very tight bass. Another (Aqua La Voce) is what some would describe as "musical"  and sounds  terrific in all aspects except bass. My cdp alone does better in that regard. I have monitors and no subs. Can I expect that dacs that are hyper-detailed will also offer tighter bass as a rule?
stuartk
Hi yes you are right the tighter the bass the better. Remember tighter bass usually means more accurate also.
Jitter affects bass quite a lot. Especially as most DACs have a phase lock loop that creates low frequency jitter. Bass should be neither tight nor muddy but articulate. Tight can be a jitter effect - it can be unwanted overtones. Jitter can easily be misconstrued as detail to the untrained ear.
Looking at the inside of the Aqua La Voce, it’s looks to me as it has a capacitor coupled output stage, as many owners are doing cap change mods to it.
Being an opamp based output stage on it from what I saw, it is very possible with a tech who knows what he’s doing to trim out any dc offset to make this a direct coupled output stage, remember for everything not just for bass the best cap is no cap.

Cheers George