Want to improve sound of Silverline Prelude II

I have the Silverline Prelude II's which are the revised version of Alan Yun's original design. I currently drive them with a Creek Classic SE5250 integrated amp (85RMS)Speaker cables are 12ft runs of Analysis Plus Oval 12; My CD is a Sonographe SD-1(20 years old CD player modified and marketed by Conrad Johnson") Interconnect is an Audio Magic Spellcaster II. Overall, the sound is clean, dynamic but somewhat bright and forward, and often digital sounding.(I currently have no turntable, but will be getting back into vinyl soon)..... I am sure some of this is the Sonographe CD player which has been flawless and provides very good sound. However, I like to take a shot at improving the overall sound, that is, making them more coherent sounding top to bottom, and a more natural presentation without making it sound like a British monitor. I have considered the following equipment moves: Rega Apollo CD and/or new speaker cable. A member recommended JPS speaker cable. I have read that a tube integrated or separates are possibly more compatible with the Preludes, but the Creek(so far) provides great low level detail and depth of staging, though lack the slam, and upper harmonics of my old setup of Aragon amp and CJ preamp. I realize the solution might be to just buy a better speaker. Previously, I had Vandersteen IC's. a good speaker for the money, and have considered the 2CE Signatures, but they might be too big for my 15x22 living room; All comments and opinions welcomed,especially from Prelude II owners. Thanks, Jim
sunnyjim
I own Sonata III loudspeakers, and I have gone through several tube and solid state amplifiers trying to get the speakers to sound balanced and not tipped up. What I have discovered is that in my system, the Sonata III require amplification that doubles output as impedance is halved. This is the only amplification that has resulted in excellent and balanced sound, which I now have.

The Creek 5250SE does not double output as impedance is halved. It produces 60 watts into 8 ohms and 75 watts into 4 ohms. This results in the tipped up sound you are hearing because the upper frequencies are being reproduced louder than the lower frequencies, where the impedance is lower. You require an amp that produces 60 wpc into 8 ohms and 120 watts into 4 ohms for the Prelude II to sound their best.

So, in my opinion, you need to change your amplification. When you do, you will very likely hear positive results.
Tvad, Thanks for the technical info about RMS power and speaker impedance. I like the Creek, though I think it lacks the resolving power of the separates I owned for 20 years before downsizing. Though, I am not quite ready to part with this integrated amp; though, I am open to suggestion about alternatives to the Creek. I have considered the Vincent separates which received good to very good reviews; but, I am trying to avoid big box components. Speaker-wise, I have always been impressed with the Totem Hawks, but they are too expensive even used, and I think they require more power than the Creek can comfortably deliver. The Preludes are above average speakers but not keepers like the Sonata III. Thanks again Jim
The Creek doesn't match the Prelude II impedance curve, as your listening proves. If you'd rather keep the Creek, then a speaker with a flat impedance curve will match better. I'm not sure the Totem qualifies.

Here is an integrated amp that doubles power into 4 ohms. There are many others, I'm sure. Portal Panache. It's available with a home trial, so you could demo it with your speakers to hear for an improvement. I'm not endorsing this amp, just highlighting it for you. There are comments in the threads about it.

The Classe CAP-151 and Audio Refinement Complete come close to doubling power into 4 ohms, though they don't quite get there. They do get closer than the Creek, however.