Brooklyn DAC+ Anyone?

Hey Folks,

I did some searches and did not see anyone claiming to have the DAC+.  Saw one positive review from a site of which I am unfamiliar.  I prefer reviews where there is listening and testing so perhaps we will have to hope for Stereophile or HiFi News to get one but that will probably take some time.

I have a DAC+ on backorder with MusicDirect so hopefully any bugs will be exterminated before I get mine.  I am also hoping for more details on the circuit changes.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
128x128robob
Robert,
Thanks for the detailed impressions.  Keep 'em coming if you don't mind posting. Like @kb54 above, I've been interested in the DAC-3 and the Brooklyn.  Now that the DAC+ has come out it just makes the decision harder and the speed at which this sector is advancing leads to paralysis.  I wish that I could listen to both but that's not an option for me.  Also, I don't use MQA now but I'd like the flexibility if I were to switch to Tidal down the road.
Dick
This ESS 9028 chip does sound like vinyl. Gustard and Benchmark are other good examples of recent new DACs with this chip.

With such great low noise performance and great analog circuits to complement the leading performance of the new chip, I would definitely NOT run any of these through another preamp.
Robert, I think you should try your Brooklyn directly into your power amp, avoiding the CP-500! The Mytek has a nice volume control so why don’t you just give it a try? I’ll bet on the Mytek DAC for transparency, resolution and speed... We’ll see about the mid-bass..
Folks,

I have many sources so using the DAC+ as a preamp will not work for me.

The CP-500 has numerous inputs, both RCA and XLR and several outputs as well. And I think I mentioned it sounds really good and has a tape loop. The control functions are above average as well.

On another subject, the MC input on the DAC+ is OK to good but I probably need to play it longer to see if it needs to break in. It’s unfairly being compared to a JC3+. So far it sounds a bit closed in and rolled off on top.

Y’all take care,
Robert
Robert - Thanks for your comments on the Brooklyn DAC+.  Out of my price range right now, but, you never know...

I think your ability to clearly hear and describe the differences between the Oppo and the Brooklyn imply that your preamp is indeed revealing and clean enough for the task. I, too, have a complex system with recording devices, an equalizer (oh no!!!) and numerous sources. My McIntosh preamp is indispensable in my system. Sometimes, practical considerations have to take precedence over an incremental increase in sound quality.