Are projector screens transparent to sound?

I am planning a ht room and was wondering if i can put absorber panels behind the screen and would this be effective? Which brands are best for audio?
streetdaddy
The screen of choice should be the Stewart Screen.
I mounted mine away from the wall and have sound panels behind the sceen which are not visible but make a profound difference to the room. I also elected to to put sound panels beside the screen in my set up.
Back to the sceen, get the wider frame for the screen the one that has the flocking/velour finish on it. Any reflections will not show up with this frame whereas the metal frame with only the black paint will show the reflections. This would drive me crazy, well maybe crazier.
Good luck.
Just thought I'd update this thread with my recent experience.

I recently got a SeymourAV Centrestage XD dropdown 120" screen and it is extremely good. It is not totally transparent (none are) with a very slight attenuation mostly in the treble. I have not bothered to adjust my EQ as it is not a significant effect. Anyway for folks looking for an audio transparent screen this screen is unbeatable value - no moire at all. The screen was built to order with perfect precision, well packed (double boxed) and worked out of the box.

Now I have a TV for regular viewing and music listening with a dropdown large screen for when we want to watch a Blu-ray movie. The sound comes from behind the screen - just as it should or does in the real cinema.
I realize this is a bit off topic, but several of the replies here suggest relevant expertise.

I use my system for both HT and music. Would covering the 100" screen with velvet drapes when not viewing improve depth of 2.1 imaging? The LRC speaker faces are 4' from the rear wall, a wall covered with carpet. The LR speakers are 3' from untreated side walls that are hung with posters. The room is 14' X 19' X 8'. Two dimensional imaging is excellent, three dimensional is good, but I'd like a bit more sense of depth.

db
I had a fixed screen for years and it drove me crazy for years. When playing vinyl or CD's through the 2 channel system the center image moves as the screen vibrates with the music. It does effect bass also but in my setup it was for the better, made it harder to locate the subs in the front of the room and the bass seemed to be better controlled. I think fixed vinyl screens act like a drum skin.

I finaly purchased a retractable and will never look back, all is good now. Do have to treat room more now for bass but that is easier to deal with.
Post removed