Musician vs. audiophile

We need direction here. My wife, a musician and says my Sophia 3s, powered by BAT 3VK IX tube pre amp and 250w solid state amp sounds flat compared to a freaking Best Buy box store McIntosh/Martin Logan setup...  I can't honestly disagree, specifically when our rig is at low volume.  It lacks color and punch, even with 2ea. JL 12" subs... Help me with your recommendation, please!!!      
repeter
Post removed 
I agree with the sentiment expressed above. Trust what you hear. A more expensive system won't necessarily "always" be the better sounding one. I learned a long time ago to have confidence in my ears and go with it. This approach has served me well.
Charles 
Solid equipment, sounds like its time to start with ancillary areas like speaker placement, room treatments, racks, and cables.

Before changing out components!
The Wilsons and the BAT are somewhat dull sounding to my ears. Both together can't have the greatest presence. I remember the same with Classe and Aragon amps. 
A few experiments you could try:
The subs may also be coloring the sound. Remove them.
Toe in speakers so tweeter is pointing at your ears. 
Replace your interconnect cable with a Belkin Gold AV cheapo from eBay in case your cables are a problem - most are. Replace your tubes with EH or Gold Lion.