Modwright Preamp Owners.

I am asking which preamp you replaced with your Modwright LS100. In addition what preamp replaced your Modwright LS100?
dpm2340
My LS100 replaced my SWL9.0SE "Signature", which replaced an Audio Research LS16MKII.  However, "I" never really warmed up to the LS100.

I also prefer the 6SN7 tubes, but the LS100 just didn't have the "magic" that the SWL9.0SE Sig possessed.

I really miss my SWL9.0SE Sig and am currently looking for another one.  This unit had the tube rectified power supply and the full complement of Modwright capacitors.

One of my favorite preamps of all time and I've owned LOTS and LOTS of preamps...
thanks for the answers. Dan told me that many like the special 9.0 better than the LS100.
I just bought the SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition, which is an evolution of the 9.0 SE.  It's definitely an improvement over my outgoing VTL TL2.5; improved dynamics, great inner detail, and superb build quality.  Dealing with Dan has also been a pleasure.

-John
I'm considering the LS100 with a phono stage to replace a Conrad Johnson LS17 (mk1) due to a newer amp that requires less gain (CJ is ~25db).  I've also looked at the Modwright SWL 9.0 Signature but I really like the looks and features of the LS100 with a tube phono stage and better remote.  Also considering Manley Jumbo Shrimp...my gear is all single ended so I would rather not pay for a preamp that has balanced connections.  Any feedback welcome.
hikimer, i tried a manley shrimp. not the jumbo. i called manley and asked about the upgrade. they said it wasn't worth it if you didn't want remote. i was not impressed with the shrimp. as a matter of fact i had a bat vk3i and it was much better.