Audio Horizons fuses.... won’t buy them again...

I’ve bought 5 Audio Horizons Platinum fuses a couple of months ago, for my amps, speakers and DAC.
Three days ago, coincidentially, the 5A fuses on my mono amps (Rogue Apollos), blew at the same time on start up. Replaced them with the OEM fuses, and everything works again.
I have a very good electrical installation, with independent lines for each amp, a no surges or anything strange occurred. My speakers, Evolution Acoustics MM3s are always ON, and nothing happened to the fuses on them.
I emailed Joseph Chow inmediately and his response was to send the fuses back to him (at my cost, I live in Ecuador...), to repair them for $70/each, plus shipping.
I have paid $138 for each fuse in October, and no warranty?... what a shame!!!
Won’t buy these fuses again, NEVER!!!
128x128leog2015
Yeah, but ordinarily people increase the value by only .25A or maybe .5A not a full Amp. But maybe someone somewhere has, who knows? The other thing is no one seems to know exactly WHY the aftermarket fuses blow. I also recall even stock fuses blow prematurely so who knows?
geoffkait
7,689 posts                                                                       01-01-2018 10:31am

Yeah, but ordinarily people increase the value by only .25A or maybe .5A not a full Amp. But maybe someone somewhere has, who knows?

Do you think a mere 1/4 amp increase would be enough for the OP to try? Or maybe a 1/2 amp? Remember we are assuming that start up high inrush current caused the AC line slo-blo 5A fuse to blow in each mono amp.

So what increments in ampere ratings do AH fuse sizes come in above slo-blo 5 amp 250V?
Do they, ( AH), make a slo-blo 5.25A 250V or a slo-blo 5.5A 250V fuse?

Bussmann for example, jumps in one amp increments from 5A to 6A for a slo-blo 250V fuse.
http://download.siliconexpert.com/pdfs/2017/7/16/3/4/59/187/ech_/manual/505268968020198product-datas...

Thank you jea48 for the information on the what, why and how of fuse ratings. That helps me and I am sure others make a more informed decision. I have aftermarket fuses with the called for manufacturer rating. But I have thought if I have a problem that I may go up a notch. Now I know more about what I would be doing. Thanks  
So if I only need 0.25A in the first place, and go up to 0.5A, that's still doubling the value.  Hmmm.
twoleftears387 posts01-02-2018 5:38amSo if I only need 0.25A in the first place, and go up to 0.5A, that's still doubling the value. Hmmm.
Don't do it, the one who said that has no idea on safety or of mains or ac theory, and his advice is about as useful as ***'s on a bull.

Or if your being facetious with your question, I'm with you 100%.

Cheers George.