Audio Horizons fuses.... won’t buy them again...

I’ve bought 5 Audio Horizons Platinum fuses a couple of months ago, for my amps, speakers and DAC.
Three days ago, coincidentially, the 5A fuses on my mono amps (Rogue Apollos), blew at the same time on start up. Replaced them with the OEM fuses, and everything works again.
I have a very good electrical installation, with independent lines for each amp, a no surges or anything strange occurred. My speakers, Evolution Acoustics MM3s are always ON, and nothing happened to the fuses on them.
I emailed Joseph Chow inmediately and his response was to send the fuses back to him (at my cost, I live in Ecuador...), to repair them for $70/each, plus shipping.
I have paid $138 for each fuse in October, and no warranty?... what a shame!!!
Won’t buy these fuses again, NEVER!!!
128x128leog2015
Georgehifi
You can search for the origins, as I posted these up years ago, when all this fuse snake oil started.

Uh, George, aftermarket fuses came out almost 20 years ago. You know, when you were just starting to shave.
georgehifi
3,098 posts                                                                    01-02-2018 12:03am

jea48

1 and 2 are good that have not been stressed by overloads or a high voltage transient event/s.

4 and 5 are clearly blown.

If your asking no. If your telling wrong.
They are the same fuse over time, and none are blown, all functional just shown the decay that happens over too many switch on surges. The parts you think are open circuit are in fact just white carbon build up on the resistance wire.
You can search for the origins, as I posted these up years ago, when all this fuse snake oil started.

Cheers George

Where’s the Beef?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
With out some technical information explaining the fuse through the five stages, shown in the picture, the picture is meaningless.

For all I know it is a picture where the fuse was subjected to an overloaded condition beyond its’ ampere rating for a period of time. Again supply the testing technical data for the picture.

I have never in my lifetime seen a fuse that tests good, measures continuity, that was installed in a circuit, operated within the manufacture’s ampere rating, that looked anything like the picture in the Link you provided. Have you? Has anyone reading this thread? Anyone??

I own audio equipment I bought in the 1970s, ( with original fuses), and the fuse element wire inside the glass fuse still looks the same to me. I have owned equipment from the 1950s, and 1960s where the fuse element wire inside the fuses didn’t look like the picture in the link you posted.

Jim

Don’t worry. It’s obviously some new ill-conceived troll tactic designed to make everyone feel worried. Don’t worry. Be happy! 😛 There is no joy in Mudville today. 😥
For all I know it is a picture where the fuse was subjected to an overloaded condition beyond its’ ampere rating for a period of time.
Believe what you want, next time you switch on a high current draw amp, see if you can see the resistive element inside the mains fuse move and bend a little.
That’s why in an amp with no problems, if the old mains fuse mysteriously blows, it’s 99.999% of the time at the switch on surge

Cheers George
georgehifi
3,099 posts                                                                        01-02-2018 2:21pm
jea48 said:
For all I know it is a picture where the fuse was subjected to an overloaded condition beyond its’ ampere rating for a period of time.
Believe what you want, next time you switch on a high current draw amp, see if you can see the resistive element inside the mains fuse move and bend a little.
That’s why in an amp with no problems, if the old mains fuse mysteriously blows, it’s 99.999% of the time at the switch on surge

Cheers George

George,

You’re drifting from the subject.

Oh well......
Try this type of slo-blo fuse in your power amp/s. It has built in wiggle room.
http://download.siliconexpert.com/pdfs/2017/7/16/3/4/59/187/ech_/manual/505268968020198product-datas...

Jim