Audio Horizons fuses.... won’t buy them again...

I’ve bought 5 Audio Horizons Platinum fuses a couple of months ago, for my amps, speakers and DAC.
Three days ago, coincidentially, the 5A fuses on my mono amps (Rogue Apollos), blew at the same time on start up. Replaced them with the OEM fuses, and everything works again.
I have a very good electrical installation, with independent lines for each amp, a no surges or anything strange occurred. My speakers, Evolution Acoustics MM3s are always ON, and nothing happened to the fuses on them.
I emailed Joseph Chow inmediately and his response was to send the fuses back to him (at my cost, I live in Ecuador...), to repair them for $70/each, plus shipping.
I have paid $138 for each fuse in October, and no warranty?... what a shame!!!
Won’t buy these fuses again, NEVER!!!
128x128leog2015
For all I know it is a picture where the fuse was subjected to an overloaded condition beyond its’ ampere rating for a period of time.
Believe what you want, next time you switch on a high current draw amp, see if you can see the resistive element inside the mains fuse move and bend a little.
That’s why in an amp with no problems, if the old mains fuse mysteriously blows, it’s 99.999% of the time at the switch on surge

Cheers George
georgehifi
3,099 posts                                                                        01-02-2018 2:21pm
jea48 said:
For all I know it is a picture where the fuse was subjected to an overloaded condition beyond its’ ampere rating for a period of time.
Believe what you want, next time you switch on a high current draw amp, see if you can see the resistive element inside the mains fuse move and bend a little.
That’s why in an amp with no problems, if the old mains fuse mysteriously blows, it’s 99.999% of the time at the switch on surge

Cheers George

George,

You’re drifting from the subject.

Oh well......
Try this type of slo-blo fuse in your power amp/s. It has built in wiggle room.
http://download.siliconexpert.com/pdfs/2017/7/16/3/4/59/187/ech_/manual/505268968020198product-datas...

Jim
No, sorry, your confused.

Try this type of slo-blo fuse in your power amp/s
Never ever do this if the manufacturer hasn't used it, or you may cook many components, instead of a couple if it goes faulty.

Cheers George 
georgehifi
3,102 posts                                                                  01-03-2018 12:34am
No, sorry, your confused.

Try this type of slo-blo fuse in your power amp/s
Never ever do this if the manufacturer hasn’t used it, or you may cook many components, instead of a couple if it goes faulty.

Confused?

You show a picture which sure looks like a fast acting, fast blow, fuse in a thread where the discussion is clearly about slo-blo fuses and you call me confused.
Then you go on and talk about a fast acting fuse’s ability to handle high inrush current. How many power amps do you know of that use a fast acting AC Line fuse?

As for the Bussmann MDQ fuse in the link I provided, that is the fuse ARC specs for the ARC tube amp I own. An MDQ4 250V slo-blo fuse.
http://download.siliconexpert.com/pdfs/2017/7/16/3/4/59/187/ech_/manual/505268968020198product-datas...

Regards,
Jim

Oh well......
Try this type of slo-blo fuse in your power amp/s. It has built in wiggle room.
Still confused, and testy as well.
Then you should have directed this directly at the OP, not just as general comment at me or anyone’s amp or amps, to give them some amperage "wiggle room" that just plain dangerous.

Taken from the Electronics Engineering hand book:
"Fuse ageing by switching loads.

The fuse wire gets hot and expands when current flows. At high temperatures, oxidation may happen, which weakens the wire mechanically, and may be electrically, too. Switching on/off a load means the wire is bent each time. This stress may cause a blown fuse at some point even when the current never exceeded the threshold."

This applies to slow or fast blow fuses.,

Cheers George