shrink wrap film residue- how to remove

Hello,

I have high gloss speakers. I needed to shrink wrap the speakers to protect them as my unit needed a spray using chemicals. I place a drop sheet over them as well. I removed the shrink wrap and there are marks or residue on my speakers from the shrink wrap. I used a fine microfibre cloth and some distilled water but the marks are still there. Is this something that will take time to come out with repeated wipe downs?

Any suggestions on how to gently remove the residue from my high gloss speakers? Much appreciated.

2007audioman
2007audioman
Just don't drink it straight.  
It can kill you.  But Everclear is cool to have around the house for cleaning and disinfecting.  It's probably about the purest alcohol you can buy without getting into laboratory stuff.  And you CAN mix it with fruit juice and stuff like that for drinking purposes.  Good stuff. 
Hi chayro..haha..I'm not a drinker so it would be purely used for cleaning and disinfecting..haha..I have some isopropyl 91 percent I was going to try in a small area and see if it does anything. I need to get some microfibre towels to start to get at the job first though and see what happens. 

2007audioman
I tried the isopropyl alcohol full strength but didnt do anything for the marks. Back to the drawing board. I tried a hair dryer and it didnt do anything..sigh..anyways just a quick update.

2007audioman

This is the strongest chemical I have come across to remove adhesives. Does better than steel wool. Drys almost instantly and leaves no oily residue. Try it on a spot not visual, like the back or bottom. Can use it with Qtip or cloth.