Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
geoffkait Come on Geoff...you really believe what you just said above? You can’t tell "anything" about a system by knowing what components comprise it, or by seeing pics of the components and how the system is configured or about the physical space the system inhabits??

I have learned a lot from viewing the systems here and I have no doubt you are more than capable of the same!🤨

@hifiman5 far be it for me to intuit what @geoffkait is saying but my experience is that you cannot tell how any given system sounds from pictures or knowledge of the components -- there are far too many variables in room interaction, component synergies (or lack thereof) not to mention the listeners own preferences. What I think you can ascertain per your original post is how seriously the system owner has thought about the performance of her system and how much attention they have paid to fine tuning it to help it give of its best

So yes to using systems descriptions to gauge the credibility of the poster, and no to assuming you know how it sounds
Thanks folkfreak!  I did not pay adequate attention to the word "sound" in Geoff's post.  I was taking it more generally that we cannot learn about the context of where a member is coming from by seeing their system set-up.  My bad.  Sorry Geoff.🙁
Honestly I am not looking forward to "my system is bigger then yours" type of conversation.
I want to believe every professional review I read starts with a room that is ideal for listening and all reviewer rooms are perfectly sonically corrected.  Unfortunately I know that is not the case.  Some of the reviewer’s are in small apartments or in their homes. That should be the standard though.  Why isn’t it?  Everything after that goes downhill quickly.   It makes a big difference. 

And just like the professionals, people on here arent in perfectly set up rooms.   One man’s heavy bass is another man’s lite bass.   Basically, everything is out the window when it comes to sound.  What is your power source, where are your speakers placed,  how’s your hearing?  What volume do you prefer?  It all makes an enormous difference.