This is for Georgehifi especially but others can chime in.

I am buying Dynaudio C-1 Platinums and would like an ideal amp. Which would you choose? I prefer solid state. Separates or integrated. If you could recommend a few optimum choices that would be great. Based on my short couple years on here you strike me as very knowledgable on the subject. My dealer wants me on Pass Labs. Incidentally right now I have the Devialet 400 and I’m pretty sure you are not a fan of this type of amp. Any of your wisdom is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

128x128bubba12
I would be interested to hear what was deleted from this thread if someone could message me.
The gist of what was deleted was basically equivalent to @shadorne post (01-11-2018 12:46pm), albeit different verbs/examples were used.
Regarding the two posts that were removed, I’m pretty certain that the reason for their removal had nothing to do with the thoughts they were intended to convey, but instead was because the first one contained an expletive, and the second one began by quoting the contents of the first one, including the expletive.

Following are expurgated versions of said posts, derived by utilizing Google’s cache, which I suspect will be acceptable to the moderators:

Onhwy61 1-11-2018
Whenever I hear that one component "KILLS", "DESTROYS" or otherwise "OBLITERATES" another component my BS detector goes off. Am I the only one? Others can chime in.

Gdhal 1-11-2018
No, you’re not the only one. Same here. Once a certain performance level is attained it just isn’t possible for one component to annihilate another. Often times its a matter of preference, not better or worse.

Edit:

But you certainly could find better or worse measurements, technical data and that sort of thing. But measurement data sometimes belies how a component may sound. Also, in this "hobby", the tendency is that the slightest incremental improvement can be hard to come by and pricey at that. So all of those verbs may simply be a variant of irrational exuberance.
BTW, my compliments to Gdhal for what I consider to be apt use at the end of his post of a phrase made famous in the 1990s by former Federal Reserve chairman Greenspan.

Regards,
-- Al

@georgehifi What do you think of Classe CAM 400 Monos?

I like them very much "but", what I didn’t like in one of the higher end older models, was they used an input opamp for the balanced circuit which then fed to the discrete single ended circuit.
So the balanced in was just an added opamp in the signal path, compared to the SE in, no guesses which sounded better.

Cheers George