This is for Georgehifi especially but others can chime in.

I am buying Dynaudio C-1 Platinums and would like an ideal amp. Which would you choose? I prefer solid state. Separates or integrated. If you could recommend a few optimum choices that would be great. Based on my short couple years on here you strike me as very knowledgable on the subject. My dealer wants me on Pass Labs. Incidentally right now I have the Devialet 400 and I’m pretty sure you are not a fan of this type of amp. Any of your wisdom is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

128x128bubba12
I have the Dynaudio C-1 Platinums hooked up to a borrowed Pass Labs XP 12 Preamp and Pass Labs XA 25 amp. it sounds great so far but I might try a bit more power in the amp dept. Any opinions or is everyone content to destroy Audiotroy?

Bubba why don,t you pm Musicfx and ask him why he choose the 2500r over the Pass?

You can see why people stay away from these threads the negativity is ridiculous.

From arcane discussions of transistors to an attack on our sound room and knowledge from a cranky old otl amp guy who doesnt undestand the logistics of being able to offer more than one choice of speakers.

If you noticed Bubba the attacks were frequent. Did you ever get ancedotal evidence of anyone comparing amp x to amp y and telling you why amp x was better which might actually help you?

The way we get interested in a product is the review.

Although everyone may value different things a very positive review is a way to find out if a product is worth checking out in the first place.

We checked out the brand because of the TAS review which compared an 18k Integrated to a 120k worth of Swiss ref gear and we thought many people would want to hear such a cool product.

It was only after testing and comparing did we know this gear was special.

Bubba maybe the audiogon community is made up of such brand loyal fanatics that you cant teach these old dogs something new.

I have Dynaudio Confidence C4 Platinum powered by T+A V10 V2 ( Tube AMP). I really liked the sound. Upper and Mid was really good. I wanted to try a solid state for Dynaudio. I was considering Pass Labs 250.8 and Bel Canto e600M. After reading amazing reviews regarding Bel Canto,  I went ahead and  bought the Bel Canto Mono block through audiogon. So far I like what I hear on Bel Canto.  I also felt  Vinyl sounds better with T+A and CD/Streaming sources sound better with Bel Canto.I'll be doing more listening this week.  I heard amazing things about Pass Labs and I definitely want to listen to that as well.  T+A is powering my Martin Logan's now and they sound amazing. 
Karurravi,

A tube amplifier even an excellent one may not be the best match with the Dynaudio and it is possible the extra power and bass control of the Bel Cantos is doing it for you compared to what the tube amplifier was doing.

T+A's older products were always very good, with that being said their newer solid state products are the ones that people are freaking out about  and rasing the company's reputation as making some of the world's best gear.

Why don't you go to your dealer if you have one that sells T+A you should give the latest solid state products a demo. 

The new HV series sounds like smooth tuby sound with great bass and dynamics and with excellent information retrival.

Just a thought. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Post removed