Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Oh Yes, beetlemania,

the CS 2.4 is excellent. The CS 2.4SE is outstanding!

Happy Listening!

I don't know if this helps or not. I talked with Rob about a 2.4 I have that the lower driver did not have good sound coming from it. It was very noticeable. He lead me through the process. He showed me with detailed instructions how I could safely and carefully open up the speaker.  I did that and removed the driver, sent it in to him. He checked it sent it back and it went together well. I was very careful to put it all together correctly. One by tightening the screws the same amount they were tightened before. Another by lining everything up exactly as it was before including where the driver was aligned in the speaker box,  the correct angle the crossover leads were connected to the ears on the driver to keep down any stress on leads and wire. It worked great. I liked doing that better than worrying about damage to a whole speaker being shipped.  Rob was really helpful. I asked him if I should need some drivers in 10-15 yrs should I worry. He said not to, he didn't have any but could rebuild the ones I have as new. Now I am thinking about replacing some caps to the SE model ones.
@marqmike Thanks for that story! Very encouraging. And, yes, you should upgrade the capacitors!
Hello all!

Well, the next upgrade to my system come in today, an Audio Research LS-7 tube line-stage.  Bought it from the original owner, about 500 hours on the current tube set.  Unit looks immaculate, but the sound...

Installed it and have it running to my integrated, which I'm using as an amp for now.  Even with that, the LS-7 (once warmed up!) threw a soundstage that wasn't just wider, but deeper front to back as well.  That's what stood out the most...directionality and presence in depth.  As far as how it sounded...there was definitely a greater sense of control, where tonality was better defined, where individual notes and sounds had a clarity I didn't hear before.  3 hours in and I love it...and so do my 3.5's!!!

Now, I need a matching tube amp and phono stage!!!  Ahhh, this isn't a hobby...it's an obsession!!!

Enjoy the music, everyone!