A lot of hype about PS Audio, deservedly so ?

Hi, have been reading a lot about PS Audio BHK serie and their top Dac.
Do they deserve all the praise they are given, and do they hit way over their price class?

Also, how is the production quality?
gryphongryph
Interesting post hk - I dunno if PS is a flavor of the month at the moment, but they’ve been around 40 years.  They also happen to be doing some cutting edge stuff for reasonable money, rather than resting on their laurels.

You like blue chips (whatever that means in this context - high brand name recognition?) in part because you expect not to be ultimately satisfied by it and keep it?  What does that say?

Not meaning either to pick on you or shill for anyone.  We can leave PS out of it, and the response is the same.
I am just a realist audioguru22, I know myself and eventually I like to upgrade which means I need to sell my older gear.  I've watched lots of new products/companies come and go.... and what those products sell for after the initial buzz wears off.  I just prefer to stick with those companies that have history and can return more for me when it comes to sell.  That's all I'm saying.

It's the same reason I prefer Toyota/Lexus over BMW.

Again, I said nothing about PS.  My comment was that it will take time to see if the hype is valid for any product, not just this brand.
As been stated here PS Audio is not a new company, and I think that BMW as a company is both older and has a much finer pedigree than Toyota.
In Europe Toyota is seen as a very conservative company that likes to copy rather than innovative;-) 
Let's talk about that BMW pedigree when it comes to sell a 10 year old BMW vs a 10 year old Lexus.  ;)

Again... buy whatever you like it's still a somewhat - free country.  LOL

Just to clarify the manufacturing part.  PS Audio is just down the street from my house.  I been in there a couple times to purchase products and I don't think I have seen any manufacturing going on there, design and assembly yes.   Correct me if I am wrong.

Having said that, it is a pleasure to see what is going on there and everyone is so nice and congenial.  Last time I went I saw Paul standing in the shipping dock door laughing and shooting the breeze with someone. He greeted me and shook my hand and introduced himself. 

I recently had a problem and thought it might be the PS Audio amp I just bought.  I called them up and they instantly said get the product back over there for testing.  But it was not a PSA problem.

Also look how they handled the fake power cords that were recently being sold on this site.  They didn't have to do that.