Wilson Audio Haters

I've always wondered why there are so many people out there, that more than any other speaker manufacturer, really hate the Wilson line. I own Maxx 2's and also a pair of Watt Puppys. They are IMHO quite wonderful.

Why does Wilson get so much thrashing?

128x128crazyeddy
not offended at all as for my personal desires the Yvette hits the spot. might not for someone else.
no more to say on this topic. 
When shopping for speakers, I had a budget of $15k. I auditioned a number of good, well know brands (not all) including Wilson, B&W, Magnepan, Golden Ear, Martin Logan, Focal, Sonus Faber and others. None of them satisfied me and was a big enough step up from the Sonus Fabers I had already owned. The Sasha 2 immediately caused me to double my budget and to my ears, nothing else would do without blowing the budget even more. It does not mean I felt the other speakers were junk and their owners have bad taste. They just did not stir me enough to motivate a purchase.
As far as build quality of Wilson cabinets, it is obvious that few surpass. Detail and involvement are also hard to beat in many but not all of their price points. Yeah, they may not have the latest "state of the art fad driver" but most of the speakers are very well integrated and you are either a fan or not of the Wilson sound and looks. Most who are, love the speakers and move up the line or stay put. If you have not heard the speakers, (like Jon) how can you pontificate with authority? As with any product, taste is a personal preference. There is no best.Who cares what others think of the sound, cost, esthetics, design or what they surmise what they will sound like without hearing or owning them? Does denigrating another’s choice validate our own or make you feel better in the slightest way? If it does, I am sorry for you. Medications and therapists may help with self esteem issues.
Humans are so... predictable...and sometimes ignorant.
He is just rationalizing. Typical biased opinions. They bad mouth a product and refuse to admit they have never taken the time to listen to it. Not even once as it might change their extreme prejudices against that product. I know a few people that can't admit when you are wrong or being plain stubborn. The funny thing is I used to visit my friend Brooks Berdan's store and could listen to Wilson's anytime I cared to listen. I even "bad mouthed" the Watt Puppy's in front of him once when I owned Martin Logan Odyssey electrostatic speakers. I will admit a lot of it was because I couldn't afford them at that time. After getting divorced fast forward and I listened to them again and was impressed this time. I sold the Martin Logans and used the WP7's for about 7 years. I then moved up to the Maxx 3 speakers. I have been happy ever since.
Post removed 
Hello, my first impression of Pl 500 !!! great sound and good detail! I just wonder how long the recording period they need?You can also play very high without distruktion naturally and very well Pondus the stage