How to Hook Up Vandersteen 2W Subwoofer

Hi All,

I have a Vandersteen 2W sub that I plan to add to the system listed below--it's a hybrid stereo/HT setup. So far I've been using a powered sub that plugs into the Arcam's sub pre-out RCA jack. The 2W is an entirely different beast though and has the following connections:

regular speaker wire inputs (via banana plugs)
a WX-2 crossover with one set each of RCA ins/outs

The Arcam has tons of connections, including 3 RCAs for subs, but I'm not sure those will be helpful with the 2W. Here's a screenshot of all the Arcam's connections

http://gyazo.com/6cd34a7393d5aea5f20108ca5759cca6

Ideally I'd like to use the 2W sub for stereo (2.1) and HT (5.1) but I realize that may be impossible. At the least I'd like to use it for HT via the Arcam. Here's my setup. I would very much appreciate any specific advice on:

1. how to connect the 2W and its crossover.
2. which wire/interconnects to use

I have read all the manuals and can't make complete sense out of how they apply to my exact setup. THANKS very much!

Vandersteen 2ceSig IIs (mains; bi-amp/bi-wire capable)
Vandersteen VSM-1 (surrounds)
Vandersteen VCC-1 (center)
Vandersteen 2W (the sub I'm adding now)

Cary SLP-05 (for stereo pre): the Cinema In RCAs go to the Pre Outs on the Arcam

Adcom GFA-555 (for stereo amp): the mains go into the inputs on this; the RCA outputs go into the inputs on the SLP-05

Arcam AVR-600 (for HT/surround): powers the VSMs and VCC-1 surrounds (and I think will power the 2W)
wendelliam
Thank you for your help Bob(gdnrbob)...so after I get a step down transformer for the Vandersteen sub then I have to bind paralel the speaker cable of the Vandersteen 2W with the bi-wire speaker cable of the Vandersteen 2CE to be connected to the amp which is 220 volt, right ? and my 220 volt Acurus amp will be okay with it because currently the powered subwoofer has been transformed into 220 volt, right ? thank you very much for your help
Your speaker/subwoofer cables don't care about line voltage.
Only your connected equipment needs to be powered at the respective correct voltage.

So, yes, you will be connecting both the speaker cable and the subwoofer cable to your amplifier outputs.-Either stacking the spades or using a combination of spades and banana plugs (I don't know if your amp binding posts allow for that).
Just follow the directions that Johnny gave you regarding set up of the subs and use the WX-2 to dial in the proper settings. Once done, either get the Vandersteen M5-HP or call Johnny and get the fixed crossovers.
The WX-2 is for determining the correct settings and is not supposed to be used as a permanent crossover. When in doubt, either call/email Johnny or Vandersteen. Of course, we'll always try to help...
Bob
Thank you very much Bob (gdnrbob)...I already have the WX-2 crossover and hesitate to upgrade with M5-HP because of the high price, I think I will stick with my fixed WX-2 crossover for now...Thank you again Bob, you have been very helpful
If you know the input impedance of your amp, you can get a quality pair of X-2 crossovers from Vandersteen for about $150.