Phil Collins Remasters

Hi guys,

Any opinions of "Face Value" and "No Jacket Required" remastered cds vs the original 80s cds?

Worth buying again?

Thanks! 
leemaze
And room treatment. The room is at least 50% of what you're going to hear. If the acoustics aren't good...

Tom
@tomcarr 

That has rarely been my experience - most remasters are horribly compressed. Often the original is better if it was released in the 80’s.

lol, thanks @tomcarr, who will be the first to bring up better cables and tubes?

anybody own the actual discs i'm asking about?
If you really like a pop/rock recording, I find its usually a good idea to invest in remasters. A good system can show significant differences, resulting in a fresh and different experience. I keep multiple remasters of my favorites on my music server. I tend to levitate towards the remasters overall but they all have their unique charms. I have had a few greatest hits type remasters that are done just very poorly, too loud with badly clipped dynamics, but those are the vast minority. Generally, when a popular title is remastered by reputable sources, the results are positive.  I have four different digital versions of Sgt. Pepper, one of which I mastered myself from the 50th anniversary vinyl.