Why so few speakers with Passive Radiators?

Folks,

What are your thoughts on Passive Radiators in speaker design?

I've had many different speakers (and like many here, have heard countless varieties outside my home), from ported, to sealed, to passive radiator, to transmission line.

In my experience by far the best bass has come from the Thiels I've owned - CS6, 3.7, 2.7 which use passive radiators.  The bass in these designs are punchy yet as tonally controlled, or more, than any other speaker design I've heard.  So I figure the choice of a passive radiator must be involved somehow, and it makes me wonder why more speaker designers don't use this method.  It seems to give some of both worlds: extended bass, no port noise, tonally correct.

And yet, it seems a relatively rare design choice for speaker manufacturers.

Thoughts?
prof
I suspect the reason is mostly that ports are cheaper/easier.  I only know of the below three factors.

passive radiator
 - no port noise
 - less sound escapes through the diaphragm than would through a port

port
 - higher efficiency
@jon_5912 that sounds right. From Richard Hardesty in APJ Vol. 3:
Vented subwoofers offer inferior performance compared to sealed enclosure subwoofers of equivalent quality in the following areas: transient response, phase response, group delay,and low frequency extension. You might ask why anyone would choose to make a vented subwoofer. There is one very good reason—high output. The one advantage that vented enclosure designs offer is a reduction in cone excursion at low frequencies.Reduced cone excursion allows vented designs to play louder. A side benefit is that reduced excursion will also produce lower steady-state harmonic distortion measurements.
and Hardesty in his review of the Thiel CS6 in APJ Vol. 8:
They have vented bass loading utilizing passive radiators rather than ports. Alignment is unusual and bass is tightly controlled with little evidence that the enclosures are not sealed.
So, Hardesty was a big fan of sealed enclosures (and even bigger fan of Vandersteens) yet he implied that the Thiel's passive radiator sounded not too different from that of a sealed enclosure. In turn, this implies that Thiel's passive radiator is a "good" trade-off between sealed and ported enclosures. At least that's *this* bozo's take  :^)
I have a pair of Golden Ear Triiton Reference speakers, each of which have four passive (infrasonic) radiators. Suffice it to say the bass is incredible, IMO. Authoritative, deep/low, and so many other accolades.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudspeaker_enclosure#Passive_radiator

I used to own the original Sonus Faber Grand Piano which had a passive front radiator. A small floorstander that was pretty easy to drive but always seemed a bit bass shy to me. Never really fell in love with it and sold it before to long. I know that adds nothing to the conversation and I am at the very back of the bus.
Mainly seen in horn drivers, big woofers Klipsch comes to mind .
Not very accurate that is why most don't use them .