New Tweak --- Its Fantastic

THE NEW TWEAK

Over the good part of this past year I’ve been beta testing a new tweak, the name of which is "Total Contact." Its a hi-bred graphene contact enhancer that is different from all other contact enhancers that have come and gone for one reason or another. I’m not new to these contact enhancers, having had quite a bit of experience with a product developed by the late Brian Kyle and his "Quick Silver" contact enhancer. The "Total Contact" is different ... a LOT different.

"Total Contact" is graphene based and is not a vibration control. It eliminates micro-arching between two contacts. Micro-arching, much like Micro-vibration smears the sound in our stereo systems. Its the type of distortion that we don’t know is there .... until we eliminate it. There is no break-in as we know it. The sound is improved right off the bat, but what you hear is only a smidgen of what’s to come.

I tested three generations of "TC," each of which was an improvement over the previous incarnation. The final mix was cryogenitically treated and made for a more effective, much smoother application. It comes in a large hypodermic needle type plunger containing 1.5 ml of product and includes a instructional DVD and an application brush.

The application should be applied with a very thin coat to all of your electrical connections .... from your cartridge pins to your power cords. I did my entire system, including the ends of my fuses.

Upon initial application, you will notice an improvement in clarity, correctness of tonal balance and a more overall organic sound. But ... that is just scratching the surface of what this magic paste does. As it cures, the improvements become more apparent. Much more!

There are two real break-through events that happen almost to the day with "Total Contact," one at four weeks and another at eight weeks . At four weeks, you’ll get a real jump in clarity and overall improvement. That’s only a taste though of what’s to come at eight weeks. At eight weeks your system’s focus will make a jump in SQ that is so real - its surreal.

After 40 years in the hobby, and a total tweak nut, I have never heard anything that does what this graphene paste does. The see-through clarity at eight weeks becomes simply amazing. The "paste" eventually cures into a kind of polymer plastic and it seems that the sound improves with each listening session. So, its important that you leave your contacts alone for the duration. If you’re the type of person that continually switches wires in and out, you’ll have to re paste until enough time has elapsed to get "the cure."

The only problem I had was with the first batch and that had to do with shorting out a tube pin in the line stage. Use the "TC" very sparingly on tube pins, if at all. I only had problems with the line stage tube pins. The Amp, CD Player and Phono Stage has had no tube pin problems at all.

Tim Mrock, one of our fellow A’goners, is the developer of the product. Its taken Tim 15 years and several patents to get it right. Tim has "pasted" every electrical contact he can find in his audio system, all of the switches in his circuit breaker box, every contact in his car ... and has used it in commercial applications such as hospital circuit breakers, surgical lights ... and other places where efficiency and long life of electrical components are deemed important.

This product is highly recommended to anyone who truly wants to get the most out of his/her audio systems. There’s enough product in each tube to do at least two audio systems as it just takes a very thin coat on each application to be effective. The last tube was enough to do my system twice and then a friend’s system this past weekend.

Frank

PS: There were a couple of other A’goner beta testers of this product as well. Hopefully, they will chime in here with their experiences for comparison. I "pasted" both of Steve Fleschler’s systems a few days ago, perhaps he will comment on his results too. We forgot to paste Steve’s power cords though, so there’s a lot more to be had from Steve’s two fantastic systems.

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Frank,

You know that I have stated that I am a skeptic. I am waiting for at least the first “Batch” of purchasers / buyers to post Their first impression of Total Contact. Frank; posting your opinion / impression of treating Mribob’s system and your posting that he made the comment......... is hearsay. Why can’t Mribob post his own comment? If he’s not a member. You think that he would have the courtesy to register and post “positive comments” himself or do you paste his already great system and post his comments? Mow his lawn, do the laundry? I think that’s enough to get my point across.

I want to see and read the comments of people that have ordered it , received it , treated their system with Total Contact and post Their impression, in their words. Was it easy to apply?  Is it messy or not? Do they think that they can store what’s leftover without it drying out to fast? Did it make an improvement to their system; whether it a guy with a decent system or a guy who been at this hobby for 40 years and has a megabuck system. How about letting the first 20 - 25 post themselves. This is what I am waiting for and I think at least a few others.

Frank; I do agree that you have the right to defend yourself. I think myself and others would like to see everyday audiophile’s post For themselves and give the “ back and forth “ a rest.

Thanks and My Best

Norbert
^^^ Norbert ...
  • "Why can’t Mribob post his own comment?"

One of the last things he said to me before I left was that he wanted to wait two weeks before posting his results, allowing the paste to cure a bit.    

• " I want to see and read the comments of people that have ordered it , received it , treated their system with Total Contact and post Their impression ..."

Read Steve Fleschler's and Tommylion's comments. They are in this thread. You can be assured that there will be many more positive comments coming. The product is THAT good.

Frank

I will answer my experience with TC for Norbert.  It is easy to apply to A/C pins, speaker wire/terminals and IC pins.  It is more difficult to apply to IEC pins which are located inside the equipment, especially if the equipment is not easily movable (same thing for A/C pins located in back of a Bryston BIT 20 Transformer box).  

It is slightly messy upon application to one's fingers and easily removed (I used dish soap and water-immediately gone versus alcohol which took more effort).   I am sooo happy that TC is not runny and is more like a paste that solidifies on the pins rather than on or in equipment.  It's the only enhancer I've used.   I was very reluctant to use anything until I tested it on ICs.  After seeing the application and hearing the result, I was smitten.

Tim mentioned that it lasts longer in a sealed or vacuum packed baggie, even longer in the freezer (six months or more was quoted).  

TC has made as great an improvement in sound and music enjoyment (the subtleties, dynamic contrasts and bass improvements) in both my "megabuck" system and my much lesser cost system.  I'm waiting for a new tube to apply it to my video systems both TVs and associated equipment (audio & video).  I have more fuses in my systems to treat than just the SR Blue fuses (those little Littlefuses in receivers, speakers and CD players).  Should be interesting to hear the improvements.

Hope that helps.

All, 

By the way; I am not singling Frank Out. This request for giving the “back and forth” a rest is meant for All.

Thanks and My Best to All

Norbert
Synergistic Research HFTs... This is slightly off topic; however, after TC and the fuses, I decided to try HFTs despite already having 2 pairs of Hallographs in my big system. I built the room with a bad slap echo problem. Frank told me to try the HFTs, I bought Level 1 and 2 installed as recommended. I don’t know how it works so well but while music is playing, the slap echo is 90% nullified (one can clap during the music and faintly detect an echo). I was still wanting a better balanced sound (my wife wanted a more open sound for her rock music) so instead of purchasing the next several levels, I purchased a pair of HFT/HFT 2.0/HFT X speaker kits. These were more difficult to apply so that the sound was balanced due to the unusual driver configuration. However, upon settling on slight changes of 3" up or down, I achieved a balanced sound. P.S. I removed two forms of large damping panels and two rugs/material cover from the room which makes the room look better, just with little pimples on walls and speakers (very tiny sitting 12’ to 20’ from them).

My wife gave her full approval for listening to 60’s+ rock to heavy metal in the room. It has all the spaciousness of the recording venue plus the detail, dynamics and tonally rich full frequency range that the TC and fuses provide. WOW!

I highly recommend the SR HFTs to maximize the TC abilities. However, I also recommend at least one pair of Hallographs behind the speakers. I tried the setup with them removed and I got a very clear, super sharp imaged sound, lacking ambience and air. It was antiseptic sounding yet tonally correct with excellent dynamics. The Hallographs brought in the gorgeous tonal qualities and air/ambience.