Racks made of wood

Hello,

I recently got a new turntable (Audio Note TT2dlx) and am looking to find a piece of furniture for it. It's currently on a $20 IKEA table. A wall mount is unfortunately impossible, so I'm left with the option of a rack. It's a wooden floor. I'm interested in a rack made of wood because I think wood looks nice. I fell over the "Podium Reference" of maple from UK company Hi Fi Racks. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

fabsound
Thanks so much for your helpful replies! How wonderful that you took time to share your insights. I look forward to looking further into your suggestions over the weekend.
Another recommendation for Core Audio Designs - PlyKraft component racks. The racks are quite stunning (I own two PlyKraft 4L’s in bubinga finish), rigid, high mass and shelves are pre loaded with damping materials. 

Arnold is a great guy, he will go above and beyond to ensure your complete satisfaction. 

http://coreaudiodesigns.com/products/component-racks/

I want to echo what has been said above because I totally agree: If you can afford the Core Audio Designs - PlyKraft component racks, I highly recommend them. With the addition of some audio equipment I had to add an additional rack, I'm very pleased with the  Core Audio Designs, not only do they look goruous, but they are very functional in all respects as a great rack should be.
I built a DIY rack (maple/brass) that was fun, but not cheap. Since then, I've learned some things from experience about certain downsides. The rack is nice and high, so perfect for playing vinyl, as I don't have to bend over. Luckily, all the shelves can be adjusted and/or removed, so I'm going to remove my mono blocks from the bottom shelf and put them on the floor. The reason, is to remove a layer of shelves so that I can lower the height of my rack, and I will then have to bend over. Huh?

The rack is in the middle between my speakers, so it and the equipment are interacting with the sound through reflection. By lowering the rack considerably, the sound will be truer and it will add stabilization, as I too have wood suspended floors.

What I have actually found to work for mechanical feedback issues through floors, are springs. I have spring loaded feet under my turntable and under my subs. I will probably keep applying these springs to my amplification. There are some in this Forum who build their own DIY spring solutions, plus I use Townshend Isolation Bars under my subs (not cheap).

When deciding on a rack that has to be placed on wood floors, it needs to be rock solid and handle feedback for the best sound (IMO).
Kenny
If you are using an Ikea Lack table review the following thread (link) paying special attention to the posts by Caterham1700.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/here-s-how-i-make-my-equipment-racks

If you follow Caterham1700’s (Ken’s) instructions to a “T” you will end up with a nice looking/fine sounding rack for very little money.

DeKay