Integrateds: Why do they all SUCK?

I’m trying to find a HIGH QUALITY integrated that has:
1. A no-corners-cut real class A - A/B power stage.
2. A real, high quality analog preamp line stage.
3. A good phono stage.

Aside from a few very high end products, the above described integrateds seem not to exist. Why can’t I find a quality integrated? Do we just have to accept having a pile of boxes?
madavid0
Hey,

I thought, like you, that the all the integrated suck, up to the point I found Accuphase E-600 (then the E650). You can buy an add-on card for the phono stage, that is the AD-40 (or the new AD-50), You can also buy an add-on card for DAC, that is the DAC-40 (or the new DAC-50), They are all pretty expensive, but they are definitely worth it, IMHO. They have it all: look, extreme quality build and hard to match sound(pure class A), and they hold their price..
http://accuphase.com/model/e-600.html

Good luck !
My YBA Intege DT certainly does not suck. Find a slightly used one and be happy.
Vinnie Rossi LIO.  With the LIO yo have choices.  Choices of input line stages, DAC, two different phono stages, headphone amp.  You can order it one way and change it as your needs change.  This is the finest piece of audio equipment I have ever owned and recommend it without hesitation. Good luck on your journey. Cheers!