Velodyne Digital Drive Series subwoofer in stereo

Hi, I've been very interested in running two subwoofers in stereo (diff. signals to each subwoofer); I've heard many people swear by this setup.

My next room for my system will be 14' x 14' x 18' high ceiling loft living room. My question is, will two DD10 be enough to fill the room with organ music and scare me out of my seat for movie tracks? Should I move up to two DD12s? Money is not really an issue, but I'd like to save wherever I can.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
spacekadet
Folks, as it so happens, I had a pair of Velodyne HGS-10 subs. Yes, a PAIR. I experimented with many locations...stereo, opposite walls, 1/3 wall, staggered, etc. I ended up stacking them and placing the stack just outside of a corner. Even played with a Behringer (very difficult learning curve).

Gmood1, what I meant to say is that there's hardly ANY out-of-phase information in the low bass regions where subs operate, and even if there is, it's NON-DIRECTIONAL...ie...it makes no difference. There is NO imaging at frequencies that low. If somebody thwacks a 50hz bass drum note, the imaging will come from the over-80hz transients located in your MAINS, and not the sub.

And btw, the Velodyne HGS series play with undetectable distortion in the first place, so the addition of the second sub served merely to increase overhead. The pair of HGS-10's has been replaced with a single DD-10, which will soon be upgraded to a DD-12.

Wc65mustang, my system is indeed high end enough to be able to discern a difference IF there was one. There wasn't. And my subs were as properly integrated as experimentation allowed. If I should ever decide to experiment with two subs again, I'll have YOU come over to demonstrate your special integration skills, but only if I can blindfold you to see if you can detect a difference. :)

On 99% of cd's, low bass out-of-phase info just isn't there...period.
Truthseeker, I suggest you spend part of your discretionry dollars on a good audiologist. Perhaps that is the problem. Good luck and I'd be glad to help you.
>>I suggest you spend part of your discretionry dollars on a good audiologist.<<

Do you have to work on being obnoxious, or does it come naturally?

Instead of attacking the message, you choose to attack the messenger. Instead of giving your own opinion about the sonic superiority stereo configured subs, why not show some pertinent research. If you actually DO do some research, you'll find that when multiple subs are recommended, they are never done so in a stereo configuration. Multiple subs ARE sometimes recommended by those who have the patience, expertise, and measuring equipment necessary to find the nodes, nulls, etc., but given the total number of possible sub placement permutations, I doubt that you are capable of such an installation.

Enjoy your stereo configured subs if you will, but please don't try to pass off your opinion as fact.
Much of this conversation boils down to whether or not you believe that sub-80hz bass is directional. I don't believe that it is...and my experience has born this out. Therefore, the notion of stereo bass below 80 is meaningless to me. I suspect that most manufacturers feel the same way, and this is evidenced by their inclusion of the THX standard 80hz crossover point.